Harpeth Vs Giles County who wins?

belmont3

Giles County embarasses Harpeth with a score in the mid 90's and Harpeth struggling to hit 40 pts. Just my predicition.

Good job on that one. Looks like GC struggled to hit 60. Smith was out played by Dansby all night. Like i said before Tyler Smith is AVERAGE. He missed two dunks for cryin out loud. Dansby took it from the inside to the outside all night. He beat smith in every category but getting the win. See GC Smith is not all on top of the mountain like you think he is. If they play like they did tonight they will lose in the region tournament.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope Giles County was having a bad night, because if not they are not gonna win the region, and for sure will not win state. Harpeth was definitely a match for giles. Dansby really brought his game tonight. If Harpeth hadn't of had a few crazy turnovers in the last 4 mins the game would have came down to 1 or 2 points. Good Job Harpeth, the other district 10 teams will make you proud!

I have seen GC play all year and on an off night they will still beat anyone that 10AA can throw at them and yes, last night was an off night. Wow...Dansby did beat Tyler in every facet of the game, including fouls. For crying out loud, the kid fouled out when his team needed him the most...not real smart. Smith stayed in the game and helped his team take care of business, while Dansby passed out water during the timeouts. Go ahead and say the officials were calling touchy fouls, but they called it both ways and you can't argue with that.

keithr you obviously are not very intelligent when it comes to basketball. The fouls were touchy and they were called both ways except when it come down to protecting Tyler. They even went as far to give Morris one of Tylers fouls. Now do not get me wrong Tyler is a very talented player with tons of potential. However do not say that they (Giles) had an off night. Harpeth played them into their weaknesses- outside shooting. The two kids that can shoot (Shannon & Holt) were the only ones HHS guarded outside. Unfortunately for Harpeth they did not get to Holt and he knocked down some big time 3's, and Harpeth could not hit anything from outside, even though they had great looks all night.

In the end, Giles gets the win but only after having to battle to get it. HHS out rebounded and for the most part out played Giles all night. Unfortunately, the pressing and the trapping finally wore HHS down and Harpeth had numerous UNFORCED turnovers, three coming in the last 1:30 (w/ 1:30 it was a 4 pt game for those of you who were not there). As for Dansby vs. Tyler, Dansby!!!! Tyler is good but Dansby out played- 23 pt 17 reb. Tyler has 23 pt., 8 of which come after Dansby fouled out w/ about 2:40 left in the ballgame.

Great ballgame last night on both sides. Good luck to all teams remaining in Region 5AA.

LOL...here we go with the protecting Tyler line again. I guess this shouldn't surprise any GC fans seeing as how we have heard all year long from Tennessee teams in the district and region, how the refs protect him. I obviously know more about basketball than you will ever know. I posted on another thread that Dansby did outplay Tyler...even in fouls. Tyler did what he needed to keep himself in the game so he could help his team. Maybe he didn't crash the boards and take to the rack, but let me promise you one thing, he could have dunked over anyone on the floor at any point in the game....ask anyone that has watched him play. Big time players keep themselves in big time games to help their teams win.

OH...and if you think outside shooting is the GC weakness...my son, you haven't seen anything yet.

Edited by keithr

keithr-

"He could have dunked on anyone at any time." With comments like this no wonder jw73 questioned your basketball intelligence. If he could do this, then why didn't he? Surely the Giles county coaching staff would have preferred him to dunk on everyone every time he touched the ball rather than allowing the game to be close. The way I saw it was that the Collins kid from Harpeth worked his butt off defensively and Dansby played a very good game, just like I predicted in an earlier post. Big48eagle- Everyone wasn't wrong! I'll take credit for a correct prediction.

Obviously Tyler Smith "Birdman" can't dunk on anyone at any time, b/c he missed two dunks over people shorter than him. Way to go for the people that predicted GC to run away with this one. 10AA has some competition for 9AA, just remember that. If Harpeth had their point guard that quit, they would have won the game, b/c they would not have turned the ball over in the last 4 minutes. Harpeth showed everyone last night that GC can and will be beat this year.

Bradley Central showed everyone that Giles County can be beat, but that doesn't mean that there is a 2A team that will beat them and certainly not one from 10AA. Ask anyone from 9AA why Smith missed those dunks and they will prolly tell you because all season long when he has went for a dunk, someone has undercut him. I am done making excuses why he missed dunks...bottom line, GC beat Harpeth and will deal with anyone else that 10AA throws their way. I just hope that the finals see Sucksomemore and Giles County squaring off. That will be a barn burner...NOT.

really keithr, Tyler did not miss those dunks in fear of being undercut! Two different kids contested his dunks one was 6'0" the other 6'1" and both went for the ball and were clean plays. And if your point is that he could have dunked on anyone @ anytime why did he not just simply take over the game @ anytime. He was guarded by a 6'1" and 6'2" guard in rotation most of the night after Dansby got into foul trouble. Honestly, I have not seen anything yet as far as their shooting is concerned? You are referring to a team that shots freethrows @ a 58-62% clip. Their outside shooting is lacking other than Holt & Shannon.