Jamont Gordon question

Hello, first off I love this site. I have never seen more things on high school sports in one state in all my life. I came on here to get some information on the person in my screen name. I recently saw where Jamont Gordon said UK led for his services. He has recently been bumped to the #9 player in his class by Unapproved Website. Ever since I have heard about this kid I have tried to follow him as close as I could. I saw where he had 26 pts and 26 boards the other night. Thats just amazing for some 6'4"-6'5". Anyways I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find some more info on him, or if any of you all have ever seen him could you please tell me about him. Thank you very much, and if he doesn't end up at UK hopefully he stays in the SEC and goes to Tennessee.

p.s.- Tennessee basketball is LOADED with prospects. Gosh I wish Kentucky high school b-ball had half the players Tennessee has. Tyler Smith, Bradon Wright, Corey Brewer(met him in Florida before, and didn't know I had just played cards with him until someone told me. He and his Tennesse Travelers teams were staying in the same hotel as us)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordons a great player when he wants to be. On some nights he will hit 40 then shoot 0-15 from the 3 pt. line (which he actually did against Hillsboro). He is an amazing athlete with a horrible attitude. Sometimes he will make a great play on offense then watch the other team run right past him as she strolls down court making no attempt to play D. Don't get me wrong, hes a good player and with the right coach he could be a great player but hes got to learn to play for the team and not the crowd.

Gordon can easily be argued as one of the best talents to come out of TN. Regardless of attitude, some of the things that he can do with a basketball are unreal. Too bad you couldnt go catch him tonight. After the summer he will be a top 5 player without a doubt. Its like watching a grown man play in a pee-wee league against 7 yr olds. Keep a close eye out on him though. I hear he likes UT alot! Im a UK fan too, that wouldnt be good for the cats.. ;)

Edited by hoopsguru79

Thanks a lot for the responses. Tubby has really shyed away from the kids with attitude problems recently. Keith Brumbaugh, a PF from Florida has attitude problems too, and I cant imagine Tubby likes that. Brumbaugh and Gordon are two of UK's biggest targets, but if Tubby learns about their attitude problems, there will be no way he goes after them. I heard there is an '06 player in Tennesse who is very very higly rated, and his HS Coach is a huge huge UK fan. I can't remember the school or his name, but those are some good connections. Also, who do you think the best player in the state will be next year?

fanatic, you said it all right there, he's a good player, but does play for the crowd and does have a terrible attitude. And about all this talk bout him goin to oak hill, he wont cuz he isnt good enough, plus his grades arent that great, so ive heard. He would be better off tryin to do something at Glencliff. Attitude is everything, and if he countiunes with that sorry attitude, he will go nowhere. But not to bash him too much, he can play, without a doubt, and his vert is a good 40 inch.

He is good enough to play at Oak Hill. His grades will improve if he goes there. But I don't see him playing for NO NONSENSE Tubby Smith. It won't happen. His HS coach and Tubby are night and day. Remember Rashaad Carruth. He was a HS star scorer. Matter of fact I think he attended Oak Hill. He never bought into Tubby's system. I see Jamont doing the same.

C'mon metroman.

What does

Gordon would be a good fit for a place like Memphis

He is a fierce competitor. He plays the game the way everybody wants it played.

Everytime he steps foot on the court he gives you your moneys worth plus some. Anyone would take a chance on a kid like that because it sells more increases the universities revenue. With a tough coach like Tubby Smith, he could learn to adjust his attitude. Look at AI everybody said he had an attitude and no one game him a chance. He went to Georgetown, and John Thompson changed him. He still can be a little arrogant, but he is one of the worlds most popular players. This day and age we cant label kids and say they wont make it now because of their attitudes. We all know it can use an adjustment, but he is only 16 yrs old. He has so much growing up to do. I have a feeling that Buzz Peterson is going to take a chance on him, if he qualifies. And if anyone says he cant play at Oakhill because he isnt good enough hasnt seen him play. He is more ahead of Ron Mercer at this point, and Ron was a Mickey D., All American. Bottomline Jamont is clearly the best talent to play in the Volunteer State in years.

Too be honest, I took a cheapshot at Calipari. He's has had a reputaiton for recruiting kids based on talent alone, not on character.

Iverson is a great player, but Georgetown took a huge chance by recruiting him.

Here's my point, Gordon is the kind of kid that many coaches will take a chance on. He's athletic, can shoot, and usually plays hard. A school like UT might be in a postition to take a chance in order to win some more games, but UK, Duke, or Kansas have too many other options to take a chance.

Let me finish with this, Jamont is a young kid and young kids grow up. In the games I've watched him, most of the time he plays really hard and doesn't some great things at both ends of the floor, but he is easily frustrated and can be a real problem when things don't go his way. I hope that he continues to mature and turns into a tremendous player at the next level.

By the way, how are his grades. Will he have any problems being eligible for NCAA? I would hate for Jamont to disappear like Demarco Polk seems to have.

C'mon metroman.

What does

He is a fierce competitor. He plays the game the way everybody wants it played.

Everytime he steps foot on the court he gives you your moneys worth plus some. Anyone would take a chance on a kid like that because it sells more increases the universities revenue. With a tough coach like Tubby Smith, he could learn to adjust his attitude. Look at AI everybody said he had an attitude and no one game him a chance. He went to Georgetown, and John Thompson changed him. He still can be a little arrogant, but he is one of the worlds most popular players. This day and age we cant label kids and say they wont make it now because of their attitudes. We all know it can use an adjustment, but he is only 16 yrs old. He has so much growing up to do. I have a feeling that Buzz Peterson is going to take a chance on him, if he qualifies. And if anyone says he cant play at Oakhill because he isnt good enough hasnt seen him play. He is more ahead of Ron Mercer at this point, and Ron was a Mickey D., All American. Bottomline Jamont is clearly the best talent to play in the Volunteer State in years.

Actually, Iverson was almost headed to UK before he got into trouble in a bowling alley. Carruth is from Oak Hill and so is Uk commitment Rajon Rondo this year.

Allen Iverson, Well lets remember he only played two yrs for John Thompson. The first player to ever leave G'town early under John Thompson.

UT will definitely try for Jamont. The only point is, is that Tubby has slowed down recruiting too many big time recruits who come with egos.

Jamont is an OUTSTANDING basketball player. No one doubts that. The argument is will Tubby take a chance. He will probably make a pitch but not a strong one.