Mcminn Central and Walker Valley

Jamone

Mcminn Central had an off year last year and with the addition of a new coach this year, how do you guys think they will fair off against walker valley (I'm trusting that these two teams will probably be the teams left in the district) and please post if you have an honest opinion and don't just play for one of the two teams and running your mouth. . . thank you

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My completely unbiased view of the teams is that Central will most likely be a tough team to beat as always, and that will be especially true when they play at Central. Only two teams in the district beat Central last year at Central, with those teams being Walker Valley (district champs) and Meigs Co. (state finalist). I do not think the loss of Shamblin will hurt Central too bad, because as good of a coach as he was, it was mainly the talent of his players (Matt Hensley, Jaime Martin specifically) which carried them to back-to-back Spring Fling appearances. To summarize, Shamblin's departure probably will not have too much of an impact on Central this year, as they will probably still compete for the district title this year with defending champs Walker Valley. Of course as always, there are my personal opinions, so take them for what they are worth.

I haven't seen Mcminn Central play this year, but we scrimaged Walker Valley last night and they got one hit. Walker will more then likely have the best team in their district this year, even without me seeing Central play this far. Valley has more depth in their line up then Central, plus with a new coach in their I dont see them turning around that program anytime soon.

Losing Shamblin DEFINATELY wont effect us. Almost none of us liked him and he didnt care about us anymore. We did what we did on talent and almost 100% by ourselves. Now Coach Hart, he is an excellent coach. He knows a lot about baseball and dont care about hurtin nobody's feelings when it comes to playin time. And with the addition of Coach Oaks helpin out our bats...we should be just fine. So long Camel Toe Joe, hope ya have fun with your dad down at WV.

-Once again.............I have spoken. And what I hath said will be LAW!

Edited by Superman2362

Superwoman:

If I was Shamblin I would have left too. Ever noticed how beautiful 411 is until you hit Englewood? Joe Shamblin carried that team into a competetive program. Now, you might have Billy Bob Hart from the class of 1978 coaching, and I'm sure the community is grateful that they have one of their good uns calling the shots, but you lost one heck of a coach in Shamblin, and the decline of the great Mac Mienn Churdgers from the top of the region to the bottom of the district (where they were before Shamblin arrived) is coming soon. Good luck possum hunting with Deputy Hedge and Sherrif Brady in the offseason. Tell the Grand Dragon to take it easy in the crack pipe.

What was the score of the second scrimmage between McMinn County and Walker. I heard Walker won 7-2 or 10-2. is either one right?

We didn't really keep up with the score. We were out there FOREVER and the players stopped caring. No clue what the score of the game was... Mcminn pitched their JV team.