For those bashing Sevier and Oak Ridge

FLMS

I wanted to throw this out there is this topic comes up on the boys side so much. In Memphis the best boys teams don't always make it to the state because the region is so tough. Well look at who Sevier lost to last night Powell. I think Powell is ranked in the top 3 in the state. Heritage has been in the top 10 as has Oak Ridge. Obviously not all 4 can make it. Sevier did enough to gain everyones respect on this board by beating two of the better teams from middle tennessee this year. This senior group has proven they can compete at the top level by winning a state championship in their tenure. Powell is good enough to beat anyone in the state. Also, Heritage has the states best player any grade. I really feel like she could start for UT at point right now.

It is really a shame that all four teams cannot go to state. This has to be the toughest region in the state in AAA. They are all a great bunch of girls and we should be thinking about the feelings of the ones who played their last high school basketball game last night. Good luck to Powell & Heritage. Bring the gold back east. And good luck to the ladies who played their last HS school game but will be playing in college next year.

I do not think that anyone is bashing the teams on here. I know I am not. I am bashing these idiot punks who get on here and talk smack and then run and hide when the heat is turned up on them.

-well said, Red81. It's one thing to defend and have pride in your school, but when it comes to bad-mouthing another team's player(s), it gets pretty ignorant. Most of the guys that run their jaw on here couldn't play for any of the region's better girls' basketball teams. When someone's "team" loses, it is always a fluke, the refs' fault, or just had a bad game. One team has to win, and one team has to lose-Bottom Line-I've never seen a ref miss a free-throw, lay-up, or decide whether the team should press, play a 2-3, etc.

who says cait is going to vanderbilt?

don't know about Vandy, but she is the most legit D1 prospect that I've ever seen in East Tennessee. Not only talent wise, but her best games are when her team needs her the most. Seems to be very strong mentally. She's fun to watch, even for those that pull against Heritage. If all players in high school (any sport) had guts like her, it would be the ultimate competition every game on every field or court.