girls 11 under aau

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect the same teams from last year to once again do very well. The Memphis Waves are back and are the favorites. Shelbyville has a good team and will probably compete with the Murfreesboro Lady Belles in the south sub-state. The Tennessee Top Guns are good, as were the Tennessee Express (but heard they weren't going to have a team). The Tennessee Lady Tigers and the West Tennessee Lady Tigers will probably both be strong threats for state this year. Also, from the east, I would guess the Tennessee Raiders, KGC Lady Pride, and maybe even the Tennessee Lady Trotters will be good as well.

ptguard12,

I remeber you from last AAU Season. Your predicitions are pretty much on target. How do you do it? I think it will be another rematch from last year, with the WAVES and KGC. I was visiting in Memphis earlier this year and saw a truely phenominal 11 year old, but according to everyone there she plays up with a 12U team from Memphis. Any 11U team with this young lady would surely win State and Nationals. She's the REAL DEAL.

The first chance I got chance to see her play was as a 9 year old on the 10U West Tennessee Lady Tigers. She was good then, but I did not expect her to become the player that she is today. I got another chance to see her last year when she played up on the 11U Lady Tigers team. She is a great player and any team is lucky to have her. However, she is probably playing up again as a 12U, and it will probably be with the Lady Tigers, but I'm not sure on that.

I love basketball. I love watching all these young ladies play their hearts out on the court. I get a chance to see alot of teams and I know what alot of them can do and how they will match up with other teams, so I am fairly accurate on my predictions. I also know alot of people from when we travel to play ball and they keep me pretty well informed on what is going on with their teams and teams that they play. I try not to let personal ties to a particular team influence how I feel a team will perform, so that helps alot also.

I don't know if anyone else has heard this, but has the Murfreesboro Lady Belles broke up? I heard their star player is going to play up as a 12U this year. Is that true and with whom is she playing? If she is gone, then 11U is turning out to be a very wide open age group.

New info about the Tennessee Express has come in and from what I've heard they are a little down from last year. Apparently their star has also left for 12U, even though I believe she would have benefited more if she stayed with that 11U team. They just seemed to "mesh" well, and with the 11U south middle sub-state starting to open up, they would probably be a shoe-in for the state tournament, probably even nationals.

Other info that I have is from the Shelbyville Sport Shop. They return a really good player from last years 10U team (she may have been 9, but I believe she was 10) and seem to have found some more young ladies to compliment her well. I haven't really had a chance to see this team play since last year (and I believe alot of those players were 9 years old at the time), so I don't know a whole lot about them.

I'll be heading to Clarksville this coming weekend for some ball games that will feature some really good teams, including a state tournament team of a year ago, the Sycamore Sparks. I don't really know alot about them except that they are a small team, with a lot of heart. They have two really good twins and the entire team is pretty fast. They would have needed to find some tall players this year or they are going to be in a world of trouble come sub-states.

ptguard12 im with the kgc lady pride....and ive seen the sycamore team youve speak of.......they are small,but they are truly a joy to watch!

we watched as many of there games as we could at state last year

watching there guards was a blast....they play so hard and are so well coached its fun to see a little team leave it all on the court.

what team are you with?

I'll be heading to Clarksville this coming weekend for some ball games that will feature some really good teams, including a state tournament team of a year ago, the Sycamore Sparks.

At the time of my post, I completely forgot that the State Tournament was going on so, of course, I will be there on Saturday, so I won't have alot of information involving teams in this tournament. I guess I'll just have to wait until the Shelbyville tournament going on next weekend.

tyjacks,

I'm pretty sure the tournament is already full, but if you can get ahold of Insell he might be able to work you in. It is always a pleasure to watch the Waves play, as I'm sure you will have them very well prepared.

From what I know so far, the 11U tournament is going to be a great one. The tourney will showcase 4 of last years 10U state tournament teams (Sycamore Sparks, KGC Lady Pride, Murfreesboro Lady Belles, Tennessee Top Guns - not positive on this one). I am assuming that the following teams will also be in attendance as they have played in this tourney the last 2 years: Madison Magic (2nd place in Alabama 10u State), Tennessee Express (3rd in South Middle Substate), and Shelbyville Sport Shop (4th in South Middle Substate). The Georgia Magic from what I heard will not be attending this year (I'm sure every team in this age group is upset to hear that as they won it easily last year).