GREENEVILLE WON! THERE GOING TO STATE!

inthepaint

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cait was just incredible no doubt. But 2 girls with 25 each will beat 1 with 40 every time. I don't care what anyone says about Nakeisha Manuel, she went into halftime with a double -double and finished with 26 pts. Megan Lyons... 25 pts and I think those girls from Heritage are still waiting for her to land. She really got off the floor tonite. Alex White was masterful at managing a superb Burkey offense. Cait had an awsome night for Heritage but Freeman slowed her down just enough that she couldn't beat them in transition. Heritage never could come up with anything to stop Manuel and McKnight beat them on the boards all night. Greeneville's defense was virtually flawless. Basically slow Cait some and shut everyone else down.The rest of the Heritage girls looked a little flat and a lot confused. The officiating wasn't stellar for either team but Heritage got the lion's share of the foul calls. They should be thankful Greeneville is weak from the line... usually... but not tonite!!!

Warm up the bus we are heading to the 'Boro!!!

I agree with you 100% barb, the devils were very good at the foul line, and i can't remember Manual missing one. They did a pretty good job at stoping Cait, but that girls has got some good moves up her sleeves. But an overall great performance from all the Lady Devils!! Also the Freshman Lauren Anderson did a great job at coming in an hitting a three point basket!! But i just hope that the Devils play with the same intensity at the State and maybe if they are lucky get them a state title!

I think Cait has some of the prettiest moves I have seen in a long time but her performance last nite was all offense. Defensively, she wasn't there at all. Alex White ran her to death and when they put her on Lyons late in the game to try to slow her down Megan just flew right over her head. This is a young girl with a lot of talent, a lot to learn and a long time to do it. She has a great future ahead of her.

Lynn Burkey had scouts at the Wilson Central/Antioch game last night. He knows his job is to utilize this exquisite talent to its fullest. He really has these girls buying into his plan now and they think they can conquer the world. He told them just enough about Cait to get them up for the game but not enough to scare them. Had they really known how good she was they might have been intimidated a little....not. I don't think I have ever seen a man comunicate with teenage girls so effectively.

I think Cait has some of the prettiest moves I have seen in a long time but her performance last nite was all offense. Defensively, she wasn't there at all. Alex White ran her to death and when they put her on Lyons late in the game to try to slow her down Megan just flew right over her head. This is a young girl with a lot of talent, a lot to learn and a long time to do it. She has a great future ahead of her.

Oh, by the way Barb, please..."holding Cait to 40" ...give me a break...and I think you must not be serious that she makes no plays on defense. Yes, you won, and congrats, but please do not make any silly comments about her and her game. She was clearly the best girl on the court.

I agree "ZOO" I have played and watched a lot of basketball and she is one of the best players i seen and i think her def is what she does best.BARB if someone scored 40 on me even if i won or not i wouldn't say anything about her game,and that means about someone that is probably top 10 in her class in the nation.

i would like to say congrats to the lady devils they played extemely well last night, and i am not taking anything away from them and i hope they go all the way in the state tourny, cause i would rather it be them than someone from middle or west tn. but come on barb, honestly did they stop cait, i mean you all are saying they did such a good job holding cait, the girl had 40 she has only got that many points 1 other time all season, meaning that Greeneville didn't stop her that much. don't get me wrong their defense was great they stoped the rest of the Heritage team, but don't say you stopped cait, when obviously you didn't

with that being said good luck Greeneville, bring home the gold ball

you to Powell

Greeneville and Wilson Central girls teams going at it in the 1st round at 2PM Thursday, GO CENTRAL :rolleyes:

Shelbyville looks like they will certainly go to the big dance unless they stumble. And if it weren't for Alsyha Clark in Mt.Juliet breaking her leg in January, I would say their wouldn't be much argument right now over who would be the team challenging Shelbyville. But she did, and I think that really adds some excitement to the bottom of the bracket.