Memphis Has Best High School Teams

Joka

I hear all this talk about who will win state or who is the best player or teams in the state but it never is about Memphis. Before all you guys make all your bold predictions you all need to travel to Memphis to view some of all teams such as...

Raleigh-Egypt- could win state in their region and is mostly the deepest team in TN

White Station- has been a everbuilding legacy

Ridgeway-will cause alot of trouble in their region also

B.T.W.-lead by Mr. Basketball in class AA for two years Andre Allen

Mitchell-has the best Sophomore in TN in Thadd

Hillcrest-very solid team

Sheffield-Freshman Randy Culpepper has given people in East Memphis sumthin to enjoy

East-has one huge D-1 signee in Jarrell Houston going to Miss.ST

Fairley-who will beat Jackson in Jackson

Lausanne-very good team with Jr. SG Shun Trevillian

Bishop Byrne-I haven't seen them but they are very talented

Frayser-has went to Obion Co. and beat them the last 2 years

other mentionables- Westside, Trezevant, Northside, Manassas, Carver, Kirby, Melrose, Hamilton, Craigmont, and Kingsbury.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis is 0-1 so far in boys. I hope it gets better for you since you made such a bold statement. Obviously you not up on Sophmores. Middle TN. has the 2 ranked sophomore in the nation in <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>'s Brandon Wright. Please do your homework.

Yeah dude, do your homework

You not only neglected Wright from BA, but you left off Wooddale who was something like 29-5 this season...and you can't put D-2 schools like Bishop Byrne and Lausanne in that list--they would get smashed by any public school

But yes, by and large the monster Memphis public schools are head and shoulders above the competition

and lemn, please don't even try to compare middle tenn to west tenn

Middle TN has Wright, Smith, and Brewer

Memphis has....shall I start...Pilgrim, Prince, Houston, Allen, Thad, Culpepper, etc etc etc

Memphis may not have as many teams in sectionals, but that's because the best squads are usually in memphis

all of you do your homework

Lemn, seems you are out there alone on this one!!! Memphis produces at least one state title team per year if not two or three. Two years we landed two teams from MEMPHIS in the State Title game ieself(AAA). And that may happen again this year with Fairley and White Station. Brentwood may have an exciting young player, but they couldn't hold a match to anybody from Memphis' Region AAA. Let him pair against Andre Allen, Jarrell Houston, Courtney Pigram, J.P. Prince, Andreius Loftus, Anthony Mason Jr., Reginald Owens, Vashon Ingram, Thaddeus Young, Reiley Irvin, Shawn Morgan, Calvin Williams, Rousean Cromwell,......... The list goes on and on. ALL D-1 prospects.

Lemn, seems you are out there alone on this one!!! Memphis produces at least one state title team per year if not two or three. Two years we landed two teams from MEMPHIS in the State Title game ieself(AAA). And that may happen again this year with Fairley and White Station. Brentwood may have an exciting young player, but they couldn't hold a match to anybody from Memphis' Region AAA. Let him pair against Andre Allen, Jarrell Houston, Courtney Pigram, J.P. Prince, Andreius Loftus, Anthony Mason Jr., Reginald Owens, Vashon Ingram, Thaddeus Young, Reiley Irvin, Shawn Morgan, Calvin Williams, Rousean Cromwell,......... The list goes on and on. ALL D-1 prospects.

And don't forget Pierre Niles from Ridgeway...He is SOOOO Big...6'8/6'9...yet he has a soft shooting touch that extends out to the three point line and a nice set of handles and perimeter and inside moves...he's awesome with a capital "A"!!! I was extremely impressed with his game and the fact that a guy with so much size has such a polished game this early on in his career...his only weaknesses....HIS TEAMMATES!!! (or mainly, his coach!!) There's is no way that I would allow my 5'6 and 5'8 guards to "hawk him out" every single game like they do with all that clowning around. He would get the ball about 80% of the time if I were coaching and they would shoot when teams converged around him (which they would if he is ever really given the ball). The guards shoot too many shots and have too many turnovers for a team that has a potential NBA draft pick on it who just happens to be a giant! I blame the coach first and the two little guards second.

And he's just a sophomore as well. He's stronger than two grown men put together and can run the floor so well to be so tall and big (muscular big). He's got a college sized body already and should be able to go anywhere he wants to in a few years. I've just seen all of this by watching him in 3 or 4 games this year...What else do you guys know about him...Who all is in hot pursuit of him recruiting-wise and how did he fare this last summer at National Tournaments or Elite Camps like Nike or ABCD??

Just wondering if somebody could list the players from Memphis that are at D-1 schools at this time. A concise list, not a maybe list. Memphis has always been the hotbed for basketball, but until the games are played, nobody knows the outcome. BTW, where is that kid now that hit 23 3 pointers in that game a few years ago?

With the population of Memphis the state champion in every sport every year should come out of Memphis. But you don't even come close. Sure Memphis has dominated the past 5 or 6 years in basketball, but that will change. So when you look at the grand scope of things, Memphis ain't all that.

No doubt, Memphis has some great players. The concern is, where do they go after high school. Something is not right that so many of these guys have so much potential and never go anywhere with it for the most part. There have been exceptions, but those are very few. I think the schools, coaches and AAU coaches are trying, but obviously not hard enough. Maybe a larger part of the blame has to go to the player.

Can any one name what city in TN has produced the most NBA players? I believe the answer is Memphis and we will have more. The ones I feel have a chance r

Andre Allen- SR. BTW

Shawne Williams-SR. Hamilton currently at a prep school

Pierre Niles-So. Ridgeway

Maurice Williams-Fr. Raleigh Egypt

Shun Trevillian-Jr. Lausanne

Patrick Bragg-Jr. Frayser

Thad Young-So. Mitchell

J.P. Prince-Jr. White Station

Harold Atkins-Fr. Manassas

Randy Culpepper-Fr. Sheffield

Rousean Cromwell-Jr. Failey

Adrian Banks-Sr. Trezevant