The Predators' Final Push Towards the Playoffs

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

One win, although impressive, does NOT negate what has happened the last month. If this one WIN turns things around, then I'll gladly eat my crow for Pollyanna Cheerleaders like you. I've watched a ton of hockey, I've paid my money, and I KNOW when a team is or is not stepping up to the challenge. Only a blind man could not see what's been going on. They don't need me to point it out because their coaching staff is pointing the same thing out everyday. I am not a Tootoo fan or detractor-his skills are limited at this point and he's where he needs to be-on the scratch list.

And my comments about Lady Legwand echo what the coaching staff is saying as well. Same thing about leadership and a sense of urgency. Go ahead and be a cheerleader, paint your windows on your car "Go team", salute your Gnash poster before you go to bed, and leave the hockey analysis to those who understand and have played the game.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys...just a message board! I don't want to see a big brawl between you two! Well...I have always been a huge sports fan. And as a coach, I know what is needed in any sport to win. Even though hockey was never on my A list for favorite sports, I have enjoyed it since the Predators have came to SMASHVILLE! My knowledge of the game has grown by leaps and bounds! The Preds have some good young talent. Hopefully, they will make this a playoff season and start something for years to come. Good luck Predators!

Preds lose to Mighty Ducks and the effort I saw last night was echoed by John Glennon-"no motivation" and "flat."

15K plus fans for a TUESDAY night game and that kind of performance. Now I know hockey players as a rule aren't Rhodes Scholars, but someone has to rap those knuckleheads across the back of their heads and point out that a team starving for a fan base, in a playoff sprint, playing at home with a good crowd, hanging onto their playoff position by their fingernails, can't afford a "NO SHOW" game! Defense, once again, is proving a weak point. This game was supposed to be a no-brainer win, but the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory rears its head one more time. Instead of rushing toward the playoffs with some wins and creating room, they are looking like some NASCAR event where they've blown an engine and are trying to coast to the finish line before everyone passes them.

Hmm, I'm about to say something that is going to be really painful for me to do... I agree with fromthetop2. But to use one his lines, you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to realize it was a pathetic performance from the Preds last night. As one of those 15,000+ I was quite disapointed (both with the Preds play and the booing from some of that 15,000... please, that's not what the guys need- understand being frustrated, but still). BUT, that one is now behind us and hopefuly we'll see more Calgary-esque games from the Preds in these last few. I'm just going to chalk it up to the fact that we were just getting back from a long west-coast swing. (Though that doesn't really go over well since that ended on Saturday...) I heard a lot of folks saying that last night was one of the worst performances of the season. There is some positive to this. It happened now (while still not a good thing to happen) and there is still time to make up for it. Gotta keep the faith! GO PREDS!