Pre-season pick for Champs

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Well remember, the Yankees haven't won in the playoffs the last couple of years. In the playoffs, anybody can win. You just have to get there and then play well once you do.

You do mean the World Series, don't you? Once you get to the World Series, it's just down to you and the other team. Both the last two years winners were considered upsets. It's just with the financial resources available to them, I find it hard to pick against them in their current configuration-or any other configuration they have by the end of the season.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do mean the World Series, don't you? Once you get to the World Series, it's just down to you and the other team. Both the last two years winners were considered upsets. It's just with the financial resources available to them, I find it hard to pick against them in their current configuration-or any other configuration they have by the end of the season.

I mean the playoffs as a whole.

The Yankees have the best team right now. But the MLB playoffs don't determine who has the best team. They determine who has the best three weeks.

When any of the Cubs starters besides Prior wins more than 12-15 games in a season, I'll believe that they are a great staff. Until then, they will struggle to get in the playoffs - if they make it - just like last year. If Izzy hadn't been out for the first two and a half months, the Cards would have won the division by 15 games.

Astros are more of a safe pick than the Cubbies. Houston has proven winners now in Pettite and Clemons to tutor Oswalt, Miller and Redding...but how will the departure of Wagner affect the team and can Dotel become their closer.

That said, I'll stick with my Redbirds! When you have the best player in the game - Pujols - and the best shortstop in the NL - Renteria - along with a much improved pitching staff anything is possible.

I'm glad to see that I have a new friend and Cards fan on here. I thought myself and Opperman were the only ones around. :) Maybe Pujols will get the MVP this year that he has deserved for the past two. The man in the library here at Columbia St. is a St. Louis fan also, we now have daily discussions about them. B) B)