Who will be good in the Big 7 Con. in 2 or 3 years

Codeair2000

Hello who do you think will be good in the future (2 or 3 years) in the Big 7 Conference (Dainel Boone, David Crockett, Dobyns Bennett, Science Hill, Tennessee High, Sullivan East, Sullivan South)? I think personaly Dobyns Bennett nor Science Hill will be number 1 in 2 or 3 years. I think Tennessee High or Dainel Boone will be a power and I am gonna go out on a lim and say Sullivan East will be a good program in 2 or 3 years if they keep all thier players.

It will be DB & Science Hill for the next 3 years. And Im not going out on a limb here. Look for the two teams to dominate east tn., and make some major noise in the state. DB's freshman team this year was probably the best they ever had. And had one freshman playing varsity(6-8 Reed Powell). Science Hill had a very good freshman team also this year with 2 players playing varsity. Both those players moved into starting rolls by the end of the season. (very impresive)

So I don't see any evidence that anyone else can compete in the big 7.

WaCo :( JaCo

They sure did. And they played the game of their life. That just shows you on any given night..... But I'd bet the farm that if they played again tonight, DB wins by 30 or more. Who won in reg. season and by how much? And remember this, add 6'8" Reed Powell to the mix. Reed will probably be 6'10" in a year or two. Also a possible transfer (Junior next year) who'll freak out everybody in this area. And you can't forget the "Ace" we are holding CHARLIE MORGAN. Hands down, the best coach in upper East Tennessee. It will be between Science Hill & Dobyns Bennett.

Get Over It

LOL dude your killing my about Reid Powell man I have played against him in middle school basketball I played for Mary Hughes and Reod isn't as good as you think. He also isn't 6'8 he is only barely at 6'6 cause in middle school (1 year ago) he was 6'5 and he is only like 3 inches taller than me. If you were wondering I play for Sullivan East and me and the freshmen team beat Daniel Boone by more than 16 points. So I know if we can beat Daniel Boone and they beat DB I know we can beat DB. Also Sullivan East freshmen team was beating DB's freshmen team by 5 points with less than a minute left, but we got into foul trouble. They ended up beating us by like 3 or 4 points. Now Science Hill yeah their gonna be good cause of Omer Watted and Emanuel Reid "but" if you take those two guys out of the game they have nothing. Sullivan East freshmen team beat Science Hill by over 15 points the first time we against each other but basically SHHS,SEHS, & Daniel Boone's freshmen team are all evenly match sense each has beaten each other atleast once. Now back to Reid Powell I don't wanna say much against Reid in all he seems to be a nice guy and a good sportsman. But his game is mostly inside he can't knock down 3's like some of the guys out west toward Nashville like Tyler Smith or Brandon Wright or the White Station players. So basically you take away the inside and Ried is gone.

D-B's freshmen played without Reid Powell, Josef Throp, and Coty Sensabaugh in the tournament final...they played the entire year without Reid, played with Josef for only 5 or 6 games (he was also playing varsity until he broken his foot) he played predominately on the jv...Coty was the leading scorer for the D-B freshmen and was moved exclusively to the jv late in the season...none of these three played at all in the freshmen tourney...but, hey, just keep talking - all three of them will be on the floor next year with the rest of the Tribe

Roll Tribe Roll

D-B and Science Hill should continue to be strong over the next years because their coaches run solid programs with some focus on player development. Science Hill has freshmen who started on the varsity this year who should only get stronger over the next 3 years. They also had other underclassmen who played a lot on this year's varsity. That will give them an edge over DB in the area of varsity experience. But, Coach Morgan does a great job having his teams ready to play by the end of the season.

As for D-B freshmen, Codeair, Powell improved every game this season. He played mostly JV and dressed with the varsity. He should develop into a nice post player over the next years. Actually J. Throp never had a varsity uniform. He and Sensabaugh did play in one pre-season scrimmage with the varsity when some older players were sick or injured. They did play part of the season on the JV and should be in the mix to compete for varsity uniforms next year. Besides the freshman Powell, only 2 younger players dressed with the varsity during the season. Will Henry (soph) dressed both JV and varsity through the Arby's tournament--until the football players joined the varsity. Raymond Duncan (soph post player) has practiced and dressed with the varsity during post-season tourneys since the JV team finished their season. D-B could have as many as 3 sophs dressed with the varsity next year. This entire freshman group is pretty strong -- not just 2 or 3. They won every game they played until the last game (even without Powell on the varsity and Throp and Sensabaugh late in the season) . WaCo's right. On any given night . . .

Point is, D-B and SH should be strong for several years to come.