Leadoff Batter

fan4ever

A good leadoff batter should be able to get on base, but he doesn't need a lot of power. He should get a lot of hits, and he should be pretty fast. That's some things a leadoff batter should do.

I think the best leadoff batter in Tennessee is Ryan Overton. He only had one homerun last year but he almost always led off the game or the inning with a hit. He had a lot of stolen bases too, and he was like lightning on the bases.

I think a leadoff hitter has to be able to get on base. that is the key. Small ball teams need a leadoff hitter to get on base and score runs. the leadoff hitter should have more runs scored than anyone else on the team.

The leadoff hitter that no one knows about YET is Brad Coulter from Alcoa. He has quick hands through the strike zone and walks more than anyone i have ever seen. Not to mention he is one of the best second basemen in the state. You should be hearing a lot from him this season

I think speed is a great quality, but i have seen players with great speed who couldn't run the bases well. I would prefer a player with good speed who runs the bases well. Also good qualities are good eye at the plate, makes pitchers work for the out, draws lots of walks, bunts or drags well, puts ball in play, and doesn't strike out alot. C ya bye. :)