Clinton Dragons

OrangeCrush23

Once again, we prove people wrong. "Science Hill is too strong. They're too fast and athletic. They have too good of a tradition. They've been to State 13 out of the last 17 years". Better make that 13 out of last 18 years. I didn't start this to talk trash though. Another great game in East Tennessee. The game was exactly as people said they would...full court pressure the entire time and athletic players making plays. I was afraid that our big guys would get tired, but they are very well trained and handled the pressure nicely. I believe we had about 3 or 4 turnovers due to pressure. At this point, most of the game is a blur, so I'm sorry if I say something wrong. It was tied at first and we were down by 1 (nothing real exciting happened during the 1st half). The entire 3rd quarter was a momentum swing for us. We were up by 18 going into the 4th quarter. SH scored 3 points in the quarter, and Mykail and T both dunked. They made it interested with 5 minutes left, trailing only by 9. They hit 3 after 3, eventually getting it down to 3. Refs weren't helping our cause (I'm not complaining, and God knows I don't want to get into another argument about reffing. But I was dissapointed with them). They couldn't hit the three and had to foul. Once again, Dye came up huuuuge. Hitting around 6 free throws when we needed them. He did an excellent job handling the press the whole game. They couldn't score in the last 2 minutes and we held on for the 7 point win. My boy AJ fouled out, but an outstanding game with close to a double-double (I don't know the stats). Borum hit a three and stepped big again. The player of the game to me is Dye. Good luck in State in Murfreesboro. No matter what happens, we can always say that the 03-04 team of Clinton made it to State and were ranked in the top 8 in the STATE!!!

You guys just always have to bring up the refs. Congratulations on Clinton making it to state. I'll be pulling for them. I was at the game tonight and they played well. But to win agains Bradley they will have to step it up to an even higher level. They can do that, they have some great players and some great size.

B) GO Dragons! From your in-county rivalry foe we wish you all only the best and hope you bring the gold ball back to Clinton! What a year for Clinton BBall! :lol:

Thanks...at this point we need all the support we can get. I was on the front row the whole game until the last couple of minutes when I stepped onto the floor to watch. A couple of ladies beside me had Oak Ridge football Homecoming shirts on and I heard them cheering us on...