columbia vs. craigmont

shirleymurphy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering why number 23 gets away with carryingthe ball for Craigmont? I've seen many other girls called for this and she didnt get called one time. Watch her the next time Craigmont plays.

Oh Please!! She doesn't carry the ball...she's just smoother than anyone you've seen before, that's all. Maybe you should ask her to teach you how to handle that rock like that!!

That's all I hear...that's your only claim to fame!!! I mean, you and your cronies are always saying that same old tired line and its getting a bit redundant, isn't it?? There's a first time for everything, change is essential, and records are made to be broken (not trying to be too cliche-ish). We get blasted because a lot of you feel our teams out West don't compete well...I think that the trend has been better in the last few years. Only one team can win it and there are 7 losers in the process...Memphis East beat an awesome Oak Ridge team who they weren't supposed to even be on the floor with in 2002, according to you experts.

Haven't gotten one in a while, So What!? Are you going to change your opinion if there is a champ from Memphis this year or next?? HECK NO! You're still going to have that biased stereotype engraved into your little pea head. But, it doesn't matter... Girls basketball in Tennessee has been around for a few decades and out of all that we know there are more teams that haven't won the whole thing than there are who have (Shelbyville has 9 or so, so they have gotten a lot that other people should have...they should share some...just kidding). You can't assign that entire State Title won by Melrose to West Tennessee or even to the City of Memphis...I believe that Melrose won and earned that title, and even if that is the only one they've won, and even if it was a long time ago, its ONE more State Title than some schools have won. And you guys keep saying its "weak" over here...how do you know, how do you explain why we send so many girls to D-1 programs every year and how do you explain our success in AAU? Those girls have to be playing against someone and most of them play AAA ball. Answer...they are playing against each other, knocking each other out. I can't remember who said it, but whoever said that Memphis has some great individual talent, but lack coaching was correct and I am pretty honest and reasonable, so I can agree to that...but people like yourself have no clue what you're talking about and it really doesn't matter, so I shouldn't even respond...Where's Showtime when you need him?? Anyone??

Sometimes the best teams don't make it to State (like you have seen on your side this year)...it happens. Just shut up, sit back, watch, and let the girls play ball...then have your say...I'm not judging any team until I see them play tomorrow night (except Shelbyville who I know will be great and who I have a lot of respect for because I have seen them every year and they take care of business at the end of the season).

Good luck to all the teams and I hope that every team arrives safely and that there are no injuries during the tournament.

Go Chiefs!!

well who beat you the next night, let me tell you who beat you, that 8AAA team from LAWRENCE COUNTY, i agree with you nobody gave you chance agaisnt Oak Ridge,