best team in chattanooga

knowmybaseball08

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they guys who had Ooltewah at five were close. We have a lot of guys who can really hit the ball (Hunter Hydas, John Gregory) as well as strong pitching (Justin Higdon) to play with teams such as Central. but the factor we have is great coaching: Joe Wingate is one of the best in the area, hands down. I dunno about á region this year, but with our crop of freshman, look for the Owls definitely the next few years.

Big Bad Blue----

Sorry just giving my thoughts........No need to use up all your witty insults and recycled rhetoric on me.....My bad on anything I offended you with......Just so you know, I made "the cut." I was All-State my senior year. Good call though.

Obviously never, because if he had ever seen Carver pitch, then those comments wouldn't have been posted. He is the best- no digity.

carver is a great pitcher and i am not trying to take anything away from him but i believe there are a few better in the state... i think he is easily the best pitcher in the chat area... but price from middle lalor from west and waldrop from east are all better than him... i am happy for carver and i believe that he will do fine in college and i hope that he keeps his arm healthy...

DII7-When have you seen Carver pitch? If you think he can't handle top competition you are terribly mistaken. Last fall(fall of '02) I played on the Chattanooga Cyclones with Blake and most of the other top prospects in the area(Wes Hodges, Brendan Murphy, Clark Jackson, Matt Ray, Kane Simmons, Zane Stone, Cody Gosset, Brandon Langston, etc.) and we traveled to play the best teams in the south. Blake DOMINATED that fall season. I will post the exact stats if you want, but I don't think he gave up an earned run all fall. And as far as Moore being a better pitcher than Carver, no way, at least that's what some of his teammates have told me. A better prospect, no doubt, anytime you're as big as Moore is, and are a lefty throwing 90 or better you're going to be a top prospect. Being a better prospect doesn't equal being a better pitcher.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me clear something up.......Blake Carver is a fantastic pitcher and by all accounts a great kid. I've got nothing against him at all and I hope the best for him. I've seen him pitch several times and stand by my comments. I just think Cleveland plays cupcakes and inflates his stats tremendously. I want to see him go up against perennial state powers and sit them down like he does ringgold or NW whitfield. I mean check out the raider classic lineup. If cleveland doesn't win the tourney it will be ridiculous. Dice-- I wanna see Blake go up against Farragut, Baylor, Christian Brothers, Webb, McCallie, Riverdale and mow those guys down. If he pitches against them and does, I will be the first to say congrats to him. I know Ryan and have seen him pitch/play so I like him more. No slight or anything.....just preference. Geez you guys freak out about the smallest things.....you'd think some of you were dating him. Dice??