• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
EastTNGuru

New Jeff Co Coach

Guest region4fan

Oakland players were told today that Coach Euverard was leaving to go to Jeff County. Good luck to him. He is a great coach, but more importantly a great person. My son played for him and sports a champ ring. We are saddened at Oakland , but happy for Coach U and his family. I know that Marty probably spent much time agonizing over this. I am certain that this is the place that GOD needs him to be.

Guest region4fan

A FRESHMAN coach. That is the only comment that I have on this.

Guest region4fan

A Christian man who runs a tight, disciplined ship. He is very fair and very knowledgeable.

Will JCHS run/throw??

JCHS has always had a # of 2 sport athletes--

will that continue??

Example

Parker Clement football/basketball

Jeff Jennings Jr. football/basketball

Scotter Houston football/wrestling

Tyler Brown football/basketball

What is the connection to East Tenn.

Guest region4fan

Marty was a stellar football player at a school in East Tennessee back in the day. He won a full ride at MTSU and I think was an All American. His Dad still lives in East TN and Marty has always wanted to get back up that way. Marty has always allowed kids to play more than one sport. Oakland has won several state championships in baseball, and many players also played football. Our star tailback also played basketball.

I assume that Marty will try to see what athletes are at Jeff Cty before deciding about to throw or not to throw. He tried to take 2 on our staff with him, but they both remained at Oakland. So I don't know who he has in mind.

He runs out of a Base I formation....Or he did at oakland. He is a very very good coach, and yall are lucky to be gettin him. as far as 2 sport athletes, thats fine. We had several at oakland while i was there. He understands that. East Tenn. Connection...no clue...

As for the freshman coach...he is a new one...only been there 3 years i believe. Sad sad day for oakland when that happened

Guest region4fan

Actually the Freshman coach has only been there a yr and a half. they ran a background check and there was no indication that there was a problem of that nature. I think it was one of those crazy mid life things. he admitted to all and never smeared the girl's name. he actually loves her and wants to marry her. There is more of that stuff in high schools than you think.