Who is the best all around player in middle TN?

jmroyals10

Cal Long found out last nite playing Franklin how tough the upper level teams are. Whoever said some kid from Columbia was the best fullback ever to come out of Middle Tennessee needs to go what Chris Anderson (Brentwood)and Carey Alexander(Franklin) at Belmont. Good to see local boys doing good at the next level. Good luck to Zander ,Cal and all those guys playing in College.

i know this quote was said a while back but i feel it was somewhat offensive. just because someone is from columbia doesnt mean they dont have skill. sure those guys may not be the best, but dont go ragging on the skill of columbia ppl. what about Central's keeper? i find whole commit about higher level offensive because i play on a TNFC travel team about we are back to back state champs. Mitch Gray also plays (or used to play) for TNFC. another girl on Columbia Academy plays for TNFC. 2 girls for Spring Hill play for TNFC.

I THINK I PROVED MY POINT!!

i mean how many top player do you know play for williamson county travel teams? williamson county high school soccer would not be so good without them!

Edited by CAsoccerGiRLiE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to main point. nobody in middle tennessee and no one that i can think of in the entire state can play with cartwright. end of discussion. by the way, do only rage players contribute to this thread? no mention at all of justin mooneyhan, jeff glasier (injured most of season, but easily MBA's best player for that side when he came in for last of USN-MBA third place game), or caldwell lucas?

back to main point. nobody in middle tennessee and no one that i can think of in the entire state can play with cartwright. end of discussion. by the way, do only rage players contribute to this thread? no mention at all of justin mooneyhan, jeff glasier (injured most of season, but easily MBA's best player for that side when he came in for last of USN-MBA third place game), or caldwell lucas?

jeff is very very good. however he was injured most of the season, so no one really got to see what he can do. I must add that i was thoroughly impressed with Corey Burton at MBA this season. That kid can play, he is lighting quick and has one of the best touches on the ball. I am surprised his name has not been mentioned yet. Also, then entire BGA team should be mentioned, not just caldwell and cartwright, but lafonte too, joel locke, parks (both of them) wade is gunna be something special too. Also, Hunter Palmer from BA is good, and then Davenport and McDonald from FRA deserve some love. Ogilivie's name should be thrown out there as well. These guys may not be the "best" players, but they are very good and deserve some recognition.

derek boone is the greatest freshman player in middle tennessee. he plays for jpII

False. The best freshman I have seen in the middle TN area is Daniel Kelly for Hendersonville...the kid is going to be good...he's already a big factor in their offense along with Xander...

Edited by jstone14

"I must add that i was thoroughly impressed with Corey Burton at MBA this season. That kid can play, he is lighting quick and has one of the best touches on the ball. I am surprised his name has not been mentioned yet."

-agreed. he was neutralized, i think, in his last game, but there's no doubt that he can play.

"Also, then entire BGA team should be mentioned, not just caldwell and cartwright, but lafonte too, joel locke, parks (both of them) wade is gunna be something special too."

-the team is indubitably loaded. if you are going to list that many players and include locke and parks, i am somewhat surprised that Barnes and Walton didn't show up on the list. wade's already a good player and will be much better as soon as he grows a bit - currently he can be taken out of games by someone who can body up effectively. however, i would still have to say that lucas and cartwright get the nod as the standouts, with jonny's vision and mental game perhaps determining the difference between the two

Tangentially, one thing that I've noticed in this discussion is the complete lack of love for Father Ryan players. And really i don't think that there is a mistake being made. Individually, they are not a spectacular team. their recent success in the region tourney, therefore, is a testament to their play as a team. congratulations to them for overcoming early lumps.

i agree with goo. Father Ryan doesn't have any pure standouts on their team, but they are a team and that is why they are leaving for memphis this week. I would say that their best players are probally the goalie, McWatters, he's been playing great. #7 impresses me a lot as well as #4 and then Chris Perry has been playing very well lately. Also yes, barnes and walton are both very very very good players, however walton wont be seeing the field for round 1. Barnes is an excellant defender and i honestly don't know how i left him off the list.

sweetie, you're in the wrong thread. This is "Boys Soccer". Scroll up, it says so right there in big black letters.

i know this is off subject but i have to defend myself on that sexist quote from that lil brentwood player.

Whats that suppose to mean? girls soccer, boys soccer its all soccer. besides my whole point was it doesnt matter where you live you can still be a good player. and dont treat me like i am stupid no where do i see that it says girls cannot be interested and post something in boys soccer. i am a fan of soccer ALL soccer just like many other ppl.

Edited by CAsoccerGiRLiE

That's just straight up stupid! As far as i can tell from the other posts that CAsoccergirlie has posted, she knows a lot more about boys soccer than a large number or people on these boards! The city of Columbia has a lot of soccer talent, granted some of it may not match up with some of those other names mentioned, but i still think its worthy of being mentioned!