NExt year AA ball

gc_fan

The teams in district 12AA will all be tough next year. Chester County is losing 1 senior, with Bianca Thomas and Lawanna Holiday returning, plus other young ones that gained valuable experience this past season. McNairy Central is graduating 2-3 seniors, with a very athletic bunch back! Bolivar is getting better and better with a very ahletic group. Humboldt still has the Hayes girls and the other guard that is spectacular. This district is going to be TOUGH for the next couple of years!! ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Springs lost alot of talent, but still should have a good to very good team next season.

With Region 2 AA losing its star players Laura Hall, Brooke Johnson, Kate Sudiq, and Harris, OS, Alcoa, Seymour, Austin East, and even Fulton ( yes Fulton) look pretty even on paper.

With the race wide open in Region 2AA, Kara Monk and Jessee Hackworth should have breakthrough senior seasons. Look for Sophomore to be Jennifer Wright to have a great sophomore campaign. Smith played alot of quality minutes and held her own as a freshman during OS's run to the Final four. Also, OS middle school's program won the East Tennessee Middle School championship 2 years ago and runnerup this year. At one point, the Middle school was on a 40 plus game winning streak. All that talent will be feeding into the high school ranks next year and the following year.

OSHS basketball looks very promising.

O.S. basketball does look promising, but I wouldn't look for a run at the state until the little Christopher girl that is currently a 7th grader is at least a Sophomore. Hackworth , Monk, and Smith are good and one of the eighth graders may help later on , but they lack the ability to take over a game like Hall could. Hall did so many things other than scoring. Tia Goins is a big loss too. O.S. should still win the district, but it won't be a cakewalk. Kingston will struggle because of their lack of ballhandling. Loudon will have to find a scorer. I'm not sure what Fulton, A.E., and Seymour have coming back. How do you see the Roane Co. teams stacking up next year OS91 ?

Edited by tigersfan

Oliver Springs will definately be in the mix next year with Kara Monk, Hackworth and company leading the way.. B) They'll have the experience coming back from this past year's state tournament experience.. Look out for both Chester and McNairy Co. in Southwest TN and Gibson Co., Westview, Crockett Co. and Obion in Northwest TN.. YEP!! Looks like next year will be the first time in a while the Class 2A girls state title WON"T go through 7AA ;)

I haven't seen the Christopher girl play, but from my understanding she is going to be a very very special player.

Myabe Goose can give a better assessment on what Roane County teams have coming back.

Out of Region 2, look for Alcoa to possibly have the two most talented players returning. ALso, I think AE has lot returning.

Seymour has some quality players returning, but losing a 25 ppg scorer of a team that averaged 59 points or so a game will be very tough to duplicate.

Alcoa, OS, AE, Seymour, and possibly even Fulton and Kingston should battle for the two substate berths. Winning the Region is essential. Like the last 3 years, I dont see a region team winning on the road this year to advance to Nashville. Those two OS teams and Seymour last year were very very good teams. I dont see that caliber of teams next year.

Parity will rule.

I haven't seen the Christopher girl play, but from my understanding she is going to be a very very special player.

Myabe Goose can give a better assessment on what Roane County teams have coming back.

Out of Region 2, look for Alcoa to possibly have the two most talented players returning. ALso, I think AE has lot returning.

Seymour has some quality players returning, but losing a 25 ppg scorer of a team that averaged 59 points or so a game will be very tough to duplicate.

Alcoa, OS, AE, Seymour, and possibly even Fulton and Kingston should battle for the two substate berths. Winning the Region is essential. Like the last 3 years, I dont see a region team winning on the road this year to advance to Nashville. Those two OS teams and Seymour last year were very very good teams. I dont see that caliber of teams next year.

Parity will rule.

Looks like next year will be the first time in a while the Class 2A girls state title WON"T go through 7AA

Once again speaking with your heart and not your head, the gold will stay in 7AA next year as well. Mark my word and write it down, 7AA will keep the gold for the next 3 years and beyond, everyone else is just playing for second place! :angry: