Shelbyville's Next....

02Wildcat

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they played next year it would not solve Wildcat02's problem. Wildcat02, as was mentioned, relish the gold ball you have you should be very proud of it. But don't go begging for something because you just might get it. Shelbyville would win by 15 points. I have seen both teams play several times this year and LA would not stand a chance.

TSSAA defines recruiting as Cheating. If you cheat and win, what have you won? How can you be proud of winning that way? If the girls come knocking on your door wanting to play for you, so be it, but if you set up an AAU program for recruiting purposes, pressure parents to relocate to your town, find them jobs, housing etc. What really have you accomplished? Does the rest of Tennessee brag on such a team when they are out of state. Not really. A girl from Westmoreland played for such an AAU team and was wined and dined. After it was made certain she would not transfer, she became chopped liver. Ask any super prospect's parents that have ever played for a certain AAU team that was not from that AAU team's town if they were asked to transfer their daughter, they will either say yes or try to dodge the question. Most will tell you yes.

TSSAA defines recruiting as Cheating. If you cheat and win, what have you won? How can you be proud of winning that way? If the girls come knocking on your door wanting to play for you, so be it, but if you set up an AAU program for recruiting purposes, pressure parents to relocate to your town, find them jobs, housing etc. What really have you accomplished? Does the rest of Tennessee brag on such a team when they are out of state. Not really. A girl from Westmoreland played for such an AAU team and was wined and dined. After it was made certain she would not transfer, she became chopped liver. Ask any super prospect's parents that have ever played for a certain AAU team that was not from that AAU team's town if they were asked to transfer their daughter, they will either say yes or try to dodge the question. Most will tell you yes.

Pitino....I couldn't agree with this post more.

Good point Pitino, but you answered your own question. Are you seriously telling me that all these AAU teams have their own kids on the team. If they do I will show you an AAU team that will not win a tournament. I coach a boys AAU team and we held open tryouts, anyone was welcome to come. I advertised to get the best of the best and I talk to parents that I work with that are two counties away. That is as far as it goes, no one has ever received a job, or house, or any of this other nonsense people are talking about. Winning breeds contemptment and that is all that is on this board.

Parents have reported it. TSSAA does nothing. Matter of fact can anyone give me an example of any school that has gotten in trouble for recruiting? You can't tell me the TSSAA doesn't know that a High School coach is sitting, say, up at Montgomery Central behind an AAU bench telling a pulpit coach who to play and how to play. Especially when the only individuals allowed on one side of the gym are the AAU teams and their coaches. But yet there is the High School coach and where is the TSSAA? And what about down at Roane State when the High School coach goes to the dressing room at half time to go over instructions? Can anyone recollect seeing Ronny Carter at an AAU sub or state tournament? Why not? Why would he not want to be there to make sure everything is on the up and up. Especially when he has had numerous complaints? All I am saying is that some coaches do it and some do not. Some coaches don't do it because they are lazy, simple as that. When High School ball is over they take to the golf course or lake.

But some do not do it because it is suppose to be against the rules and unethical. All I was saying is that if it is against the rules, the TSSAA should step in and do something about it or make it legal for everyone and level the playing field. Then maybe the Gold ball would circulate more often.