happy valley baseball

warriorbball

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

summer ball is in no way the same as high school ball. they "say" unicoi is the only team that is gonna beat you all, I can think of a few others that would love to see nothing more than you all walking off the field with the weight of a 5 inning blow out on your shoulders. good luck making it out of districts.

Summer ball is, in more ways, tougher than school ball. Every team you play is an all star team (in most cases, better than school teams). So whoever thinks playing AAU and such isn't up to snuff, apprently hasn't played this type of baseball. Were not talkin about Babe Ruth here Duki. We're talking Cinncinnati, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, and the list goes on. HV is a good team and has gained great experience thru the summers. I personally play in about 50 games last summer, but I guess that doesn't count, right?? Duhhhhhhhh!! :unsure:

What about the region when they get ot it, the will have to play Rutledge, South Greene, Chucky ,or Pigon Forge;all of these teams could beat the Valley.

i dont know pioneer.i know a scrimmage is not the same as a game,but hv handed south greene a pretty good loss earlier in a scrimmage,over 10 runs i do believe, this was the first time the team got to play together since basketball had just ended.but certain intangibles could have influenced the outcome of that scrimmage. should be a real fun season

Congratulations on playing "50 games" over the summer and beating South Greene in a SCRIMAGE. Just because of that, you all are going to make it to state. You're right, I'm wrong. What do you play for in Summer ball, whats your goal? Obvioulsy to get experience and all, but what do you strive for? What do you win? Some podunk Tournament somewhere. WOOHOO. If it's all the same to you lets just take it out on the field and we'll settle it there. ok??

Sorry Duki, you are misinformed. PMAX is right and you are obviously wrong. These young men from Happy Valley didn't play for their school team in summer ball. They played on a select team with the areas best from several schools. No Duki, don't be jealous that they are out improving themselves, just keep you and your boys playing sandlot ball and see where it gets you. The ballfield is the place to settle such matters and that day will come, but, don't let your ignorance of "traveling ball teams" get in the way of what is truly the best for aspiring young baseball players. From direct experience I can tell you that you will see more college and professional scouts come to see these "podunk" (as you call them) tournaments than you will see at high school games. I have coached a few that are in professional baseball at this time and others who are still playing college ball. D1, D2 and NAIA. They were scouted playing "podunk" tournaments. You and yours are missing the boat... and don't expect me to throw you a life ring, you're on your own. :lol: Now whether they make it to state or not is anybody's guess. There are a few excellant teams in the conference, and HV is one of the top teams as I am sure Central is also. No, I don't have a kid in school at HV, just thought you needed a verbal lesson on the values of getting out of this area and hitting some real competition. :blink: