Clay County Position

muffin

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing he has not done as a coach is win the gold ball. He has made Clay County one of the best programs in the state would hate to see him go but he may be ready to go. If thats what he wants best of luck to him and thanks for what you have done for the kids of CCHS.

Edited by volnutt

Coach Sims is definitely one of the best coaches in the state. Anytime you take an extremely small school like Clay Co. (for die hard bball fans they will always be Celina) and go to the state as many years as he has and has been as succesful as he has is a great acomplishment. Its a shame they didn't win it though this year. They had one terrible game and that kept them from the state championship because I felt that they were better than Clarkrange this year, but nonetheless congrats to both Clay and Clarkrange on great seasons and good luck to Coach Sims in the future.

I believe what realy decided this was the way the refs. called the game agnist Perry Co. and know that both of his sons are out of high school he has college games to attend.

He was an great coach and brought so much to Celina!!

Edited by CCHSdawgs

Coach Sims, We will miss you as girls coach. I have set across the gym at countless games and admired the way you handled yourself before, during and following every game.

Thank you for all your years of dedication to basketball at "Celina". Whatever your plans are now, I wish you the best.

THANK YOU

I know Clay County typically hires from within, but would or are they considering their options outside of the county. Having seen Celina play several times over the years, they have boatloads of talent for Single A and have great AAU a program so this would seem to be a great job for a young enthusiastic coach. Some of you Celina fans respond and let me know what you think b/c you are definitely a big part of the success because of your support for Coach Sims and those Lady Dawgs.

It sure is a shame for our district to lose such a class act as a coach! Joe treats everyone with the utmost respect, and he will be truly missed as basketball season rolls around next year by all. Earlier when there was speculation regarding his stepping down, it was rumored that Rob Edwards the boys coach wanted to take that program over also. Any truth in this? Again Coach Sims, thank you for all you have done for District 7A and the state for girls' basketball!