Single A, more exciting than AA or AAA

stephenzca

I would say that overall, the excitment as far as big plays goes to AA and AAA simply because they are going to have more players capable of the big play because of school size. As far as overall game excitement I would go with A and AA because the teams within these divisions are more evenly matched with the others inside the division.

The games/teams are more evenly matched in A or AA? In the Region 2 tourney of AAA, every game was decided by 4 points or less. Halls, a 4 seed and the weakest team in the tournament, I thought, beat the 1 seed Bearden. Clinton, the 1 seed, beat #2 Maryville by 1 in one of the best games I've ever seen. The championship game between Clinton and Farragut, #3, went down to overtime before we pulled it out. There were 5 teams who could have won this and made it to state (Clinton, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut. Farragut had their chance to). I know this may be an exception in AAA. But it's hard for me to believe that A or AA teams and games can be more evenly matched than this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a stupid question which is more exciting. Of corse which ever division YOU are more interested in is gonna be the more exciting one. So its gonna be a never ended debate that never gets any where. As far as talent leval goes around here (chattanooga) single A teams beat AA and AAA teams all the time. But im not gonna lie and say thats always the case.

bulldawg clearly hasn't been to any CPA vs. fra games... crosses, oops, two-handed reverse dunks, and of course fade-aways... keep talkin dude

Thats 1 game. There are tons of AA and AAA games with all that and more. You're right I don't even know who that is. I live in west tn.(best area in the state for bball) and play for Milan where we have plenty of crosses, allys, crazy dunks, and fade aways.

keep talkin...I wasnt talking trash. But...

West, the best area in the state for bball? I don't think so.

You wanna try that again?

AA is West vs. West. AAA is West vs. West. D-II had three west teams in the semifinals. (AA definitely could have and probably would have if the four teams from the west hadn't played each other in the first round)

The middle and east are better in football, but this end of Tennessee is basketball country.

The talent is definitely better in AA and AAA, but there is nothing more putrid in sports than watching cocky players, and that is usually what you see in those classes. Class A state games rarely have college worthy players in games. The scores might be low and there may not be alley-oops and 3-point bombs, but the teams play with more heart than AA and AAA.

i think the single a championship game was one of the best basketball games i have ever seen. Unaka put on the best show of basketball to ever be played. i watched some of the aa an aaa games an Unaka was the best all around for playing the game of baketball. i played on a state championship team in elementary,but when Unaka won it all there's nothing to compare it too. its just so great to be champions. JUST DON'T FORGET WHO Unaka IS because you will hear from us !!!!!! basketball,girls basketball,softball an baseball!!!!

THE Unaka RANGERS

STATE CHAMPIONS :D