Cumberland County

BBALLTN

yes, CCHS had a losing record...but in case you forgot, your record is 0-0 when the tourney starts. And if record is the problem there are coaches at CCHS with records worse than hers that still have their job. Oh yeah, and by the way they had the 6th strongest schedule ranking just before tourneys started...just thought i'd add that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bballtn , I made a phone call to find out about the great players that transferred.Now my friend never said they were great in our previous conversation but there were 2 girls that transferred to Clarkrange, I think they won a state title this year and another transferred to Cookeville who beat Crossville. As for teams in the region, the last time I checked, Shelbyville was not in the same region as Cumberland Co. You listed teams with good records and Cumberland Co was not one of those teams and as we all know it is about wins and losses no matter what anybody says. When people look at your past record it is about championships and winning. If a team has no talent and plays bad then it is understandable but I was told that is not the situation. Just look what difference Bill Parcels made on the Dallas Cowboys, same talent as the year before and they are winning. Sometimes change is good, but who cares, they are getting a new coach and i guess we will see if it was the right call or not.

I have followed Lady Jet basketball for at least 15 years...from Coach Sherrill, Randy Herring and Amy B. I think Coach B. is a really nice person, but the current players are not developing into the same caliber of ball players that the former coaches were producing. Don't get me wrong, the talent is there, maybe more so, but the girls don't appear to be improving from freshman year to their senior year. The discipline is lacking, the physical stamina is inferior, and the mental toughness is absent. When you continually play freshmen players above players that you have had in the program for several years, something is wrong.

Occasionally you may have a star come up through the program and start as a freshman, but not on a regular basis. There have been players that played more as freshmen than as upper classmen.

Swami, I still didnt get those best players names? Im not a fan of CC even,but do know some people their. Lets go ahead and call this what it is about 3 groups of parents whos kids didnt get to play enough to suit their parents this year and an A.D. who needs to get his Daughter in the rotation before he retires. I barely know Amy but have seen her alot and do know she has alot of basketball knowledge and seems to be a very good person and I have had several Coaches tell me she is a great person and leader,the good ole boy railroad is in place,I hope she fights the admin. to the end... :justwrestle:

Bballtn, I will not name those kids on this message board or the eighth grade parents who stated they would transfer their kids to a program where they could advance and have a chance at a college scholarship.This thread started out as a new coach topic but let's just name it what it really is, DEFEND AMY B. FOR A LOSING RECORD topic. For someone who does not know Amy B. or care about CC you seem to know a lot about the A.D. and the good ole boy system. My friend said that decision was made by the principal and should have been done 2 yrs. ago (just his opinion). The AD has no control over who is fired and who is hired and ROSEBUDS comments hit the nail on the head. I was told Amy B. never played HS basketball, tell me how can you teach someone to win a ball game in the crunch time when you have never been there yourself. It is hard to teach basketball if you have never been a student of the game. As for Leslie VanWinkle, I don't think basketball knowledge should be a problem. If you start for 4 years for TTU coach Bill Worrell then you probably know the game and if you have a teaching certificate you probably can teach what you know about the game (since you have been a student of the game). This is not to hype Leslie VanWinkle, but frankly she is the only person that has been mentioned for this job on this forum and my only knowledge of her is when she played college bball at TTU. If she puts the effort into coaching that she did in playing then Cumb. Co. should not have to look any further for a new coach.

Im not defending anyone just stating facts which you cant do Swami all you have are unknown sources and names. Sounds like to me your just supporting someone else and why do you have an A.D. if he doesnt make decisions most A.D. do get paid right? Im through with this now we will see how it shakes out but I would guess the good ole boys will get their way and destroy another persons future if possible. I hope that those parents at C.C. get what they want their kids get to play because they raise a little h...

I agree with BBALLTN. This situation looks very fishy.

Any team that advances to the substate round 3 of the last 5 years and the coach is dismissed, there is a huge problem with the administration not taking the side of a coach.

Cumberland County has played a big time schedule and it paid off come tourney time with the Lady Jets advancing to substate. The coach is a leader and seem to have no off court distractions other than some parents who want more playing time for their kids. Also, you have posters who make allegations of big time players transfering to other schools that simply isnt the case.

Talk about player development all you want to, but CC has advanced to the substate 3 of the last 5 years in a disctrict with Bradley Central, McMinn County, and Cleveland. That speaks volumes. This is a sad situation and looks like the good ole boy systems is in place in Crossville.

Just an outsiders observation.

Edited by OS91

Any team that advances to the substate round 3 of the last 5 years and the coach is dismissed, there is a huge problem with the administration not taking the side of a coach.

Cumberland County has played a big time schedule and it paid off come tourney time with the Lady Jets advancing to substate.  The coach is a leader and seem to have no off court distractions other than some parents who want more playing time for their kids.  Also, you have posters who make allegations of big time players transfering to other schools that simply isnt the case.

Talk about player development all you want to, but CC has advanced to the substate 3  of the last 5 years in a disctrict with Bradley Central, McMinn County, and  Cleveland.  That speaks volumes. This is a sad situation and looks like the good ole boy systems is in place in Crossville.

Just an outsiders observation.

That's the point. It is no big feat to get to the sub-state in our region. All you have to do is be in 4th place in the district to get to the regions. (As we were). The Chattanooga district is so weak some elementary teams could probably beat the winners of that district. How about having a program that is competitive when we get to sub-state.