Casey Wolfenbarger

tscout

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bball4034

She is playing with a AAU team from Jefferson County this summer. I have not heard anything about Alabama. I understand her mother played at UT, for Pat Summit so that may be true. I ask around and see if anyone know anything and get back to you.

I saw Casey at a blue chip camp back last Fall, I was impressed with her ability to see and play the court as a whole. I saw wher she made first team all Lakeway region. Not bad for a II A division player. Does her coach have the ability to prime her for for a D-1 college.

Guest bball4034

I do not think her High School coach can Get her ready to play D-1. But her AAU coach I belive will help her work hard to get there if possiable. I fill like her High school coach should step down. He has only 2 years with a winning record in 12 seasons. And I do not think he gets the most out of the players @ Rutledge.

I have ask around and no seams to know if Alabama is after her or not. I try to find out and let you know.

Forgetting about coaching for a minute, Casey Jo is a D-I prospect. She's got the height needed to be a very good wing player and needs to stay outside where she can roam a little more. She played out of position quite a bit last year and wound up having nights where she didn't score as much because she's not been a post player throughout her career. She might grow another inch or so, which would bring her in right at 6', but she's wasted inside unless she's posting up a guard.

Guest bball4034

I ask around no one seams to know if Alabama is interested or not. I agree with Kev1990 Casy is a D-1 prospect she has the heart to play at that level. I've watched her play and she has got the game to play 2, 3, 4 postion and if she has to can play the 5 spot. I belive she can play D-1. She plays hard every time she she is on the floor.

For starters I think that the immaturity that you have shown about your oppinons on the coach and player is awful. If you don't know his coaching techniques you have no right to criticize them. I agree that Casey is a talented player. You fuss about the posistion she has played. Last time I checked basketball was a TEAM sport. Coaches are SUPPOSE to do what's best for the TEAM over all not what makes one individual player look better than the rest. If Casey doesn't score that doesn't mean that the team won't win or that shes not a good player.

When the coach has come out and said that no one player is going to shine (which has to be the silliest thing I've ever heard of) and then deliberately tries to sabotage...err, teach a lesson to... his own team by not dressing half the varisty, even though they are/were freshmen, then I'm not sure he/she has any coaching technique...at least none that are desirable, recommended by other coaches or seen from other more successful coaches.

BTW...in games were Casey wasn't the leading scorer the results were downright ugly...when you only win six games there's not a lot of room for rationalization on why you did or didn't do something.

Y'all this ain't just an opinion from me...most of y'all know that anyway.

Edited by KevB1990

Well its easy to say that obviously your opinnion matches your looks. . .BIG!!!

Since you know everything why don't you participate in some kind of coaching activities. Personally from MY OPINNION you might wan't to coach a rec leauge they're closer to your standards! Freshman or not sometimes you have to do what you have to do. No one player should ever shine. They call it a TEAM for a reason. Yes, they're good players but one player isnt going to win every game. The results weren't great everytime Casey scored thats why it's a TEAM! People as arrogant as you should have a group I bet the attendence would be very high.

Casey is a very good ball player. I see where Kev is coming from and I am not even from Rutledge I've just seen them play. Obviously you... (22hoops) may be a bit jealous of Casey. In fact, most teams DO have a go to player. Not saying that individual is the whole team but when someone needs to step up and score they look to them...Heather B. at CD, Ford at West Greene, Brooke Waddel at South Greene, Newman at Pf.....Hmmm....SINGELTON at Rutledge. Just some observations but give this girl credit she does have talent and has excellent size for a guard. :)