FORREST

elvey1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if any of their players have quit, but they do have a sound softball team. They split a pair of games last night at Drakes Creek, defeating Sycamore 6-0 before falling 5-1 to a young and scrappy Lebanon squad. The Lady Rockets should be competitive in their district and region. Good luck to all and I hope the young lady who was injured in the opener gets back in action soon.

I only know of 1 player that has quit and my understanding is that she has decided to concentrate on basketball. There maybe others that didn't return but as always as players start to get older their interest in other things grow work, school, boys etc. I don't think these girls have quit the team for team reasons. Just personal. As far as their coaches the girls on the team love and respect both and as a parent I am very pleased with the job they both do. Not only on the field but off. Keep up the hard work girls. Your community love and support you.

I'm retired and went to the Comando Classic just to enjoy some softball and see the teams I have been reading about on here. I saw Forrest play Lewis County and Overton. What I saw on the field was a very solid team with a lot of hustle. The catcher #18 was very, very good, pitching wasn't overwelming but solid, The infield was solid and the outfield was one of the best I've seen, (my girl was an outfielder). The outfield, which on a lot of small schools is weak because they have the best players on the infield and don't have enough to fill all the spots, was always moving and covering lots of ground and were always there to back up the infield. They are very disciplined, #20, I think she is your senior, made several good catches and on a deep ball to the fence made a great effort to get to the ball but after she got there going back she tripped but never put her arms back to break her fall she kept her glove and hand in front trying to make the play all the way to the ground a shame she didn't come up with it. That is great discipline and just one example of it I saw in the team. What I also saw was a coach that yelled when they did good it wasn't enough and yelled if they didn't come through. They couldn't win, In a pool game that means nothing to a high school teams year that they won 8-0 and played very well she had the whole team upset and crying. She has a great bunch of girls but I can see why they all want to quit. They didn't look like they were having any fun at all to me. So much so I signed up on her just to post this. Just an observation, Good Luck Girls

I have read numerous posts about Chapel Hill softball this year. Being from Marshall County (although I attended MCHS instead of C.H.) I have been around Rocket softball my entire life. It has NEVER been what it is now. Yes, Coach Cheatham is tough on those girls, but they respect her for it. Personally, I believe the ones that do not respect her are the ones that have never been disciplined before. The ones that did quit let them go and move on! If anyone knows Chapel Hill, they have plenty of girls with the talent and drive to slide into any position. I had a tough softball coach in Lewisburg, but I know that without him, I would have never gone on to play at the college level. I now coach High School ball with the knowledge that he taught me. Becky Cheatham is easy to hate because she is so darn good!! Good luck to everyone in 11A. Keep coaching those girls!