FORREST

elvey1

Being tough is one thing. Abusive is another. What I witnessed on Saturday morning with this team was nothing but abusive. I know in the past this team has been competitive but I must say that I agree that none of the young ladies seem be having any fun and was to busy wiping tears to enjoy the sport. Surely this is not what we believe the sport is about. Yes, they won 8-0. But it was not a winning they celebrated nor felt victorious rather they left the field looking like whipped pups. As a softball spectator and lover of the sport I was appalled and felt badly for the girls. :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that I did see the game in which you are referring, but I have seen her in action. I have never witnessed abuse nor what I consider inappropriate behavior. I hate that whatever it was happened and that the girls had a rough weekend, but I do believe in the power of the program. I hope everyone in the mid-state does not judge her or the program on this incident..that's all

To clear up the things that I cleared up...........Ashley Johns and Kaitlyn Moses are sophmores. At least I remembered their names! Forrest beat Unionville today 7-0 Hopefully the problems the team was having are cleared up. Everything was upbeat and the girls played a good game. So lets put all the rumors to rest and play ball!

Go Lady Rockets!

Amen. I agree that Becky Cheatham is a tough coach, but the observation about the girls is right on track. The ones that get upset haven't been yelled at much. My daughter played jr. High basketball for her, and being yelled at didn't bother her. It's my understanding that Tiffany quit so she could get more hours at work, don't know about Ashley.

Anyway, good luck Lady Rockets and the Coaches Cheatham (Mrs. and Mr.). You guys do a great job. We'll get to a game soon. Go Blue!!

Good coaching staff, dedicated players, enthusiastic fans, and the best public 1A team for probably 7 to 8 years. Someone is doing something right here. People that complain about or point fingers at this program need to get over it. Good luck

Lady Rockets. Let's focus on positive things on this thread.

She is a good coach I think two consecutive trips to the state tourny shows it. I know sometimes she can be hard on her players and sometimes they need it to get them going, but she also needs to consider this is freakin high school softball and it is suppose to be fun, right? Her players have feelings and this needs to be recognized. It is one thing to try and boost morale, but when you cross the line and your players feel like they are worthless then they should not be out there and she should not be either. It may have been her intention to fire up her team but its not what happened. These girls, to my understanding, were on the field crying. This "IN MY OPINION" crosses the line. I hope things can come together for these girls and their coaches. I followed this team for two years going on three and I have never seen it this bad. My last thought and OPINION is if nobody is having fun then GO HOME!!!

I've read the remarks from this weekend @ the Hendersonville tourney. It's sad that a coach would disrespect her players this way. It's not the first time this coach has done this. was anybody looking last year @ the lincoln co. tourney. she made a player cry, she demands respect from her players but shows no respect for her players. These young ladies work hard, they attend camps in the off seasons. go to pitching & hitting coaches to improve their game,not to mention the time the parents put in. if the coach was this hard on the girls when they lose, would you want to be at their next practice??? Please take a look at the coaches around the area like Lipscomb, Ezell, DCA do there coaches treat their players like that. Yet. they have succesful programs. GIRLS KEEP YOUR HEADS UP!!!!!

i am a former player, and i do have respect for the coaches, but there are somethings i do not agree with. i am not shocked by reading this post. I played for 5 years on the Forrest High School Lady Rockets Softball team. All 5 years i played for Mr. and Mrs. Cheatham. I respect them, and they helped me grow up, and have some disipline in my life. I worked hard for 5 years, and it was very hard. Mrs Cheatham expects nothing less than perfection, and when she doesnt think something is going the way it should she finds some way of pulling it out of her players. Now that i am not seeing anyone that i have gone to high school with, i am not afraid to tell anyone that we would play scared of failure.

To the girls: Hold your heads up. I know its hard, but you just have to deal with it because mrs cheatham will never change. If you want to play for her, you will do it her way. Life gets better after Forrest High School Softball. If you ever need anything i am here for you. (And parents, if this is as bad as everyone says it is, you shouldnt just look past it again. She can have a much bigger effect on the girls than you may think.)

I am not trying to offend anyone, and i do respect the coaches, but i know how she can get sometimes, and its hard, but just keep up the good work. Maybe she will be having a good day tomarrow.

I have played for both cheathams before. I never once had a problem with Coach Cheatham, but Miss Cheatham I have many problems with. She is a good coach, but her way of yelling and all the things she does is uncalled for. I loved the sports and stuck with it. Not for her but for myself. When I thought I was doing really well she would shoot me down. I left off the feild with more tears and feeling like I have failed in some way. I (as many other girls) busted my butt for this woman and never once did she make me feel like I was part of a team. She would say I was worthless and should just quit. Now what kind of coach is that? The only people who supported me was my family and team mates. Thank God for them.

I know the girls who quit and talked to them about way they quit and three of them told me it was because of Miss. Cheatham. For the person who is taking up for her I wouldn't say anything unless I knew the truth. Miss. Cheatham is abbsive in her own little way.

For the girls now playing for her. Don't take to heart what she saids. Go out there with your heads up and play the game with all of your heart. Because I have seen you all play and know each and everyone of you are awsome players in your own way. Good luck with the season.