Is Jamont Gordon overrated?

juicyt

I have been listrening to this game on the radio and either Jamont is overrated or he is just having an off game. I mean i dontant to bash his skills because I have yet to see him play but he hasnt done anything yet. Another thing that might be happening is that Reginald Delk just might be better than him. But im not just goin to flat out say that he is overrated b/c everyone has an off game. Im not saying that he isnt great im just saying that maybe he isnt all that he is brought up to be.

Edited by juicyt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched him, and his hand really seemed to bother him all night. The guy is like a 6'4 217lb version of Allen Iverson as far as his speed goes but he kept holding his hand and taking the tape off of it during the night (Granted, it was his non shooting hand).

He did make one incredbile behind the head pass to his teammate without looking. Other than that, he missed his first six free throws....

I'm not going to take anything away from Gordon, I'm sure he's an outstanding player. But he did not play well with all the hype leading up to this game. He did have an excellent behind the head pass, a Magic Johnson style pass and a decent dunk at the end of the 1st half, but I was not impressed. Granted, me and my friends left at halftime, so I didn't get to see his 2nd half performance, but I hope it was better than his 1st half. His shot selection was AWFUL, airballing a 35-foot three. He didn't shoot free throws well either. You could tell whenever he had the ball, he had the potential to do something great, but he didn't show me anything. I would take either of the Delk's or Prince over Gordon.

The monster DUNK he had in the second half was something no HS player is capable of but him. He had several blocked shots. Listening to it on radio doesn't give him the credit he deserves. Jamont had to do it all for his team yesterday. Rebound, block shots, shoot threes, pass the ball. He learned a valuable lesson he can't do it alone. THe delks are good. JP Prince may be good. BUt talent wise they still do not give you what Jamont gives you.

OH by the way the monster dunk was on one of the delk's. He left him standing in the corner as he was beat off of the dribble.

Edited by cobrafan90

I am sure that Mr. Gordon is a fine player. The station that I was listening to was very complementary of his abilities. However, when you are part of a TEAM and you are down by 20 plus points, there is absolutely no reason to bank the ball off the backboard and then try to dunk it. By the way, he missed that "look at me" shot. I will stand by my statement earlier that "there is no "I" in "TEAM"!

Glencliff was defeated by a TEAM effort last night. If you still doubt what I suggest, I have one other word for you that is the bottom line in the whole deal, SCOREBOARD!

I was at the game last night, sitting on the very first row. And all I have to say is that Jamont Gordon got schooled. He got embarassed. Reginald Delk is 10x better that Jamont. He just got alll kinds of frustrated last night. And he has a defense of "0". Glencliff at all times left a player open somewhere, usually a Delk behind the 3 point line and they got the ball and shot. I am not at all impressed by what I saw in Gordon. I guess his time at Oak Hill Academy might improve him.

I would rather have Delk on my team than Jamont Gordon....I want someone who can shoot the ball, defend, and give it is all......Yes Jamont is a great athlete for high school.....but he can't shoot the ball that well and has no range on his jump shot.....I think he went 1-11 from the foul line, now that is awful....maybe he should think about practing free throws instead of trying to dunk everytime......because when he gets to college everyone will have the same ability as him so he will have to learn to shoot the ball alot better.....that is why i think the Delk twins are much better prospects......i hope Tennesee gives them a look because they need someone to shoot the ball....they have enough athletes that can't shoot the basketball

I am sure that Mr. Gordon is a fine player. The station that I was listening to was very complementary of his abilities. However, when you are part of a TEAM and you are down by 20 plus points, there is absolutely no reason to bank the ball off the backboard and then try to dunk it. By the way, he missed that "look at me" shot. I will stand by my statement earlier that "there is no "I" in "TEAM"!

Glencliff was defeated by a TEAM effort last night. If you still doubt what I suggest, I have one other word for you that is the bottom line in the whole deal, SCOREBOARD!

yeh dude when exactly did he throw it off the backboard during the game last night and try to dunik it... i saw the whole game except the last 2 minujtes and it looked like they were putting a sub in for him soo we left.... let me kno tho b/c maybe you ee things that i don't