Is Jamont Gordon overrated?

juicyt

Humboldt[/url]' date='Mar 19 2004 - 12:26 PM'] He should've used some of those unbelievable passes to hit the other two players that would've been WIDE OPEN.

He did have 5 assist, not to mention the passes he made and his teammates missed the shots. Whats really funny is Jamont played bad and his stat line was 18pts 15rebs 5assist 2blocks and 2steals. Reginald Delk played a great game and had 22 pts 10rebs 6 assist 3blocks and 2 steals. Both are good players, but for one to have a bad game and the other have a great game the stats are comparable.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm supposed to believe and trust a few Jamont Gordon fans that he is the best in the state, when I saw his performance with my own eyes last night??? He is the best in the state because more colleges are looking at him than Reginald Delk?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Gordon shouldn't be ranked as one of the best, but after last night's performance I wouldn't have him as the top Junior. Someone said a week ago "Stop Gordon and you stop Glencliff, but no one has been able to do it yet" I saw that exact thing happen last night. Even when it was one on one with Gordon against whoever, he didn't make much of anything happen. I saw on more than one occasion him do a spin-move and bounce the ball of his foot, or have the ball get away from him. As a great player, no less #1 in the state, you have to make things happen for your team. Even when people are guarding you. The Jamont Gordon Colts...I mean Glencliff Colts just ran into a better TEAM last night. And you can argue all you want, but I don't care. I would pick either one of the Delks over Gordon. And don't say it was because JNS could key on him, because there are 4 other players on the court. The best players I know of also make their teammates look better, but Gordon didn't do that last night. Big games are when stars are supposed to shine, right??? The Delks and JNS shined last night.

I have to agree with OrangeCrush. Big time players step up their games when the game is on the line, not when the outcome has already been decided!

It is true that Mr. Gordon put up some nice numbers for the game as a whole. However, you have to ask yourself one question. How many of those nice stats were put up after the outcome was already decided?

Bballa, I have just one word for you, SCOREBOARD! Nuff said! :D

IGHT,, FIRST THING THAT I'M GOING 2 SAY IS IF YOU DIDN'T STAY AND WATCH ALL OF THA GAME YOU DOIN'T EVEN KNOW,,,Jamont Gordon WENT OFF IN THA 4TH,, HE DID THING I HAVN'T EVER SEEN IN A HIGH SCHOOL GAME,, HE TOOK 2 STEPS FROM THA 3 POINT LINE AND FRECKED THA DUNK, THEN HE STOLE THA BALL AND DID A PASS THA WAS KRAZY ,, AND NEXT TRIP DOWN THA COURT SOMEONE WHEN UP FOR A SHOT AND HE SENT IT 2 HALF COURT,, LATER ON HE DRIPPED THREW SOMEONES LEGS,, AND HE TRIED TRIED 2 THROW THA BALL OFF THA BACKBOARD 2 HIMSELF AND DUNK IT,, WHICH HE MISS JUS BY A LITTLE,, JAMONT PROVED 2 ME THAT HES GOOD,, ALL HE NEEDS 2 DO IS WORK ON HES SHOT.. DON'T GET ME WRONG THA DELK GOOD,, BUT JAMONT WOULD BE MY FIRST PICK,, CAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF EVERYONE REALIZED IT BUT HE HAD 2 OR 3 PEOPLE ON HIM AT ALL TIMES... IT WAS ONE OF THA BEST GAME I SEEN IT A LONG TIME

Jamont is the best high school player I've ever seen. I was at the game last night and it was my first time seeing him play, and even though he had an off game he's the only reason that got those guys up to state this year. He cared about losing but he's also going to Oak Hill. This kid has a big future. In 2006-2007 you'll see kids all over the world wearing his college jersey and after that he'll have a NBA Jersey. The Kid is amazing. The Delks are good but I'm from West TN, and I 've seen the Delks this year over 10 times and they can't compare to Jamont.

Good Luck Northside Tonight , I predict Northside over bradly by 8.

Jamont Gordon=The best High school player in the state and also one of the best high school players in the nation.

Umm, Juice, I couldn't understand half the things you said but I think I know what you mean. Maybe he "WENT OFF IN THA 4TH" because JNS put in their scrubnuts at the end of the game. "HE DID THING I HAVN'T EVER SEEN IN A HIGH SCHOOL GAME"..."THEN HE STOLE THA BALL AND DID A PASS THA WAS KRAZY ,,AND NEXT TRIP DOWN THA COURT SOMEONE WHEN UP FOR A SHOT AND HE SENT IT 2 HALF COURT"...You've never seen someone steal a ball and make a nice pass??? Or block a shot??? Those things are fundamental things that happen in games, it seems like they are "absolutely amazing plays" just because they were made by Jamont Gordon. If you're down by 30, and he's still trying to "DRIPPED THREW SOMEONES LEGS,, AND HE TRIED TRIED 2 THROW THA BALL OFF THA BACKBOARD 2 HIMSELF AND DUNK IT,, WHICH HE MISS JUS BY A LITTLE (I think he meant he tried to dribble through someone's legs)", that shows a player who is trying to do it all and have the glory and apparently it's not working since they are losing that bad. I don't know anything about his grades or attitude. Are his grades good enough to get to a Memphis or other D1 school like that. You've also got to figure, when he gets to college, every team he plays will be like JNS. They will be able to run, and play half-court offense. They're will be better defenders who can shut him down by themselves. I'm sure Glencliff had success playing sub-par teams, but if Jamont can't handle the defense of prime-time players, like at JNS, he won't have success later on.

"IT WAS ONE OF THA BEST GAME I SEEN IT A LONG TIME" What?? If you're a JNS Indian, I would agree with that. But if you're talking about Gordon's game, I would have to say, what?? Watching Jamont Gordon ("the best player in the state") have success against the 2nd line of a team is not what I would call a good game. And yes, the 1st team of JNS shut him down. They had at least 2 blocks on Gordon alone, one was called for a foul. His shot selection was awful, and all he could do was dribble around and pass. If he did have success against the Delk's it was because they were tired after running all over him and his team, up and down the court over and over again.

Umm, Juice, I couldn't understand half the things you said but I think I know what you mean. Maybe he "WENT OFF IN THA 4TH" because JNS put in their scrubnuts at the end of the game. "HE DID THING I HAVN'T EVER SEEN IN A HIGH SCHOOL GAME"..."THEN HE STOLE THA BALL AND DID A PASS THA WAS KRAZY ,,AND NEXT TRIP DOWN THA COURT SOMEONE WHEN UP FOR A SHOT AND HE SENT IT 2 HALF COURT"...You've never seen someone steal a ball and make a nice pass??? Or block a shot??? Those things are fundamental things that happen in games, it seems like they are "absolutely amazing plays" just because they were made by Jamont Gordon. If you're down by 30, and he's still trying to "DRIPPED THREW SOMEONES LEGS,, AND HE TRIED TRIED 2 THROW THA BALL OFF THA BACKBOARD 2 HIMSELF AND DUNK IT,, WHICH HE MISS JUS BY A LITTLE (I think he meant he tried to dribble through someone's legs)", that shows a player who is trying to do it all and have the glory and apparently it's not working since they are losing that bad. I don't know anything about his grades or attitude. Are his grades good enough to get to a Memphis or other D1 school like that. You've also got to figure, when he gets to college, every team he plays will be like JNS. They will be able to run, and play half-court offense. They're will be better defenders who can shut him down by themselves. I'm sure Glencliff had success playing sub-par teams, but if Jamont can't handle the defense of prime-time players, like at JNS, he won't have success later on.

"IT WAS ONE OF THA BEST GAME I SEEN IT A LONG TIME" What?? If you're a JNS Indian, I would agree with that. But if you're talking about Gordon's game, I would have to say, what?? Watching Jamont Gordon ("the best player in the state") have success against the 2nd line of a team is not what I would call a good game. And yes, the 1st team of JNS shut him down. They had at least 2 blocks on Gordon alone, one was called for a foul. His shot selection was awful, and all he could do was dribble around and pass. If he did have success against the Delk's it was because they were tired after running all over him and his team, up and down the court over and over again.

Lets please tell the truth on here. All of Jamonts stat did not come against the second team. He played 31 minutes most of there starters played 29 or 28.

Evidently, Jamont is all that....why else would the #1 high school basketball team be recruiting him. He has actually committed if I remember correctly. Where is Delk playing next year...oh thats right, he will be right there at Jackson NorthSide reading about Jamont and his new team in the USA Today.

You could definetly see the kids potential if you watched him because even as bad as he played he showed signs of greatness. The rest of that team is AWEFUL besides him......When he plays at a bigger university, that won't be the case, of course, heck have competition to go up against also. I can't see how his non shooting hand would effect him that much, but he was holding it and taking the tape on and off during the game.

As bad as he did play, I could see why a major university would be looking at him. You could see the potential with his athleticism if he could of executed anything, even a free throw.

But then, he plays against 12AAA defenses. Its like complimenting the St. Louis Rams for scoring 60.....on Arizona. There are just many ways to look at it, but I think it'd be worth the gamble for a school to take him....Because if he pans out.....watch out.

True...I'm not saying I hope he doesn't succeed. That's not my style. I hope he does have success, I hope he does get freshman of the year wherever he goes to school. I hope he makes it to the NBA and dunks on Shaq or Mutumbo. I'll be the first to buy that poster. But I just wasn't that impressed last night, that's all I was saying. Good luck Jamont Gordon.

By the way...when I said when he gets to the next level the competition will be better, I knew his team will be better also, but if he tries to do it all himself he won't be worth a flip. Once again, good luck!!!

keithr...are you cracking on the Delk's because they're not transferring, because they have a good team where they have a good shot at winning State??? Glencliff had no chance last night, I'm not saying that's the only reason he's leaving. If I were the Delk's, I would be happy in the position I'm at.