How did Alcoa and McMinn make it to state?

bulldawgs#1

My point is, just because the east has been weak lately doesn't mean they always have been or always will be. I will be rubbing it in in a couple years, I guarantee.

There were alot more than "a couple good teams" in the 90's from the east.

Science Hill

Brainerd

Cleveland

Dobyns Bennett

David Lipscomb

Alcoa

Fulton

Austin East

just to name a few. All those listed either won a championship or was runner-up

oh and, have a nice day ;)

Edited by WaCoJaCo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Squirrel finds a nut every now and then. What I am saying is from top to bottom West Tennessee is much deeper. Once teams get to state anybody can win and the best teams don't always do that. 10-15 teams could come out of West Tennessee every year and that is excluding Memphis. By Christmas you can pretty much pencil in the top 2 or three teams from East Tennessee in each class. You won't have many surprises. ;)

Oh and by the way when did David Lipscomb of Nashville become an East Tennessee power? Answer that one genius.

Edited by twhoops

Not to get in the middle of this kindergarden recess argument, but I think if you look at Alcoa's schedule and strength of schedule...you will see that they must have just had a bad tournament. They beat Fulton, A-E, 4-A #7 Maryville, Anderson Co, and several other good teams. They also went to Alabama and competed in a very good christmas tournament with some of the top teams in thier state there.....including the defending state champs and the 5-A #1 team in Alabama. Oh, and by the way.....ALCOA won that tournament. So, who they played and beat speaks for itself. They had a real good year and a good team. I dont think Jackson or any other team in 2-A would beat them every time they played. Anybody can beat anybody on any given night...right? Wait......Bama just beat #1 Stanfofd. Bubble team Bama in the sweet 16!!! Wait.....Nevada just beat #2 Gonzaga!!!! Interesting, huh?? Congrads to Bolivar and all the state tourney teams on a good and deserving year.

I do know this about East Tenn teams though.....they rule the football fields!!!

---- Mid Tenn has really good tams too though!!! Lipscomb and Riverdale are great!

And that Alcoa team is going to be really great!

West Tennessee Dominance seems to begin and stop with White Station in AAA. Lets see, they have the best athletes with the best grades in Memphis. I wonder how they just happen to have these guys? I guess they all happen to be from the same school zone. I wasn't born yesterday. This is a city magnet school who attracts the best athletes who just happen to be some of the finest students in the whole city. These guys are being recruited by Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth ect. This is one fantastic program led by a great coach. I don't blame these kids and their parents for going to White Station, but the playing field is not level. This has happened once before at the NCAA level (UCLA). If not for putting the top student athletes together in Memphis we might be talking about how that Bradley Central has won 3 of the last 4 years in AAA. I love basketball all around the state and love to go to the state tourney and watch the great players from our state East, Middle and West.

Very good, I just inserted them in there to see if you would catch it.

I guess the squirrels in Middle Tn. have found that nut more than the squirrels in West Tn. Well actually their tied now.

Im pretty sure the reason they play these state tournment's is to find out who the best teams in the state are. The winners ARE the best in the state. Anybody that claims different is a sore loser. I hope your still posting in a couple years, because I'll be rubbin' it in.

Who cares about football? ......about 100 times more people than basketball.

In East Tn. the only reason we play basketball is to stay in shape through the winter so we'll be ready to go come football season. And we still have won 41 state championships. Don't that just eat you up!

have a nice day :lol:

waCO :huh: JAco

Twohoops, you are in Tennessee...that is the stupidest thing you could have said. As a Kentucky fan I know that every Tennessee fan when backed into a corner with basketball will bite back with "Well what about football!?" So when you bust up on the East, just remember that they are going to bite back and comment on football. So when someone backs you into a corner for liking a basketball team either stick to the same sport or shut up. Now since it was brought up and you are attacking the east, I think that the middle/east is much better overall than the west, in most every sport but basketball actually.

They didn't make it to state because they are all from 2 regions. Only 2 teams can make it from each region. South Side and Bolivar(who played in the state chamionship) represented 6AA and Haywood represented the other one in state. All 10 of those teams mentioned plus Lexington would beat Alcoa and mcminn.

Just because you make it to state doesn't mean you belong there. There are other teams in the state that deserved to goto state over Alcoa and mcminn.

I agree, Alcoa an McMinn have good teams but if they were in west tennessee, in region 6, they would just be average.

Bulldawg hard to believe that you would say something good bout lexington, but since you did, milan would kill alcoa and mcminn

It is like the NBA the past few years, West over East

Edited by michael_kc44

:angry: Well guys it is like this..The eight seniors from Bradley Central have just completed a record of 100 wins and 10 losses over the last 4 years...If that is weakness, everyone should be so lucky. And yes we do have some pretty healthy football programs in East Tennessee...... And I know you don't want to mention Wrestling programs.....Think I'll just stay with the East Tennessee athletics, and you guys in West Tennessee just keep doin, well what ever it is that you do so well! (Fight crime maybe?)