AAA officiating

Libertyfan

I`m glad to hear the officials were calling charges. I hope this starts a trend back to the way basketball should be played. Look at the college and NBA game now....it`s a joke! Playing good defense is fundamental. You need to play good, but play smart. Smart defense takes away from the playground mentality that is destroying the game.

The playground...out of control...type play may produce some exciting plays, but that`s not basketball. The NBA has all but abandoned the charge for the sake of showmanship and selling tickets.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree general but im not talking about charges being called exactly right im talking about charges called when your completely walking and it being called and charges not being called when the feet had been set for a couple seconds already. If the refs are unsure of a charge or a defensive foul i believe it needs to be played instead of blowing the whistle and having to make up your mind afterwards wether it was a charge or whatever.

Your feet does not have to be set to get a charge.....a defensive player can be moving to receive a charge......you don't have to be set for a couple of seconds that is the biggest problem with fans; you have to watch the torso of the defensive player......

You must have defensive position to take a charge. If your feet are moving , then you have not established position.

You do not have to have feet set for a charge. Feet set isnt the only thing that establishes position

1) if I am defending someone and moving straight back in a line parallel to the offensive player and he runs over me.......it's a charge.....

2) If I jump straight up (a defender is allowed his space vertically) and an offensive player runs into me and creates a collision......it too, by the rulebook is a charge.......

Edited by Port_Vol

Actually

A link for everyone (must have Adobe Acrobat)

http://www.cboa.org/Documents/InterpreterUpdate4.pdf

Scroll down to Myth #4

Which Reads: "Myth 4: In Order for a defender to draw a charge, he/she much be stationary."

"Truth 4: The Defender does not have to be stationary; he/she can be moving laterally, backwards or and can be jumping vertically, provided he/she is maintaing a legal guarding positon and does not move into the offensive player"

Edited by Port_Vol

reread this carefully portvol... you will see that he agreed with you

I know the stuff (rules)

I just can't read evidently..... ;)

I didn't take into account he was quoting in a round about way what the other poster was saying. Oh well......off to bed

Edited by Port_Vol