Whiate Station Finally catches BC

volntn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a frog had wings it wouldnt bump its butt when it jumped. We dont just play teams from Cleveland,Chattanooga and Cleveland are only 5 minutes apart from City Limit to City Limit..So your dealing with <Bradley,Hamilton,McMinn,Rhea counties.. And things such as the arby's classic,pre-season ball etc.We beat them,they have beat us... So to get out of S.E. tennessee is one heck of an accomplishment, BTW... Cleveland isnt a small town, its a medium city with about 100,000 people now.But i would NEVER want it to be like memphis..I am in memphis about 8 times a year and you can have it, To many projects and high crime.

Actually, the Bears didn't win their gold balls in "little ole Cleveland". They won them in Nashville (2) and Jackson. The first two were under the direction of Tip Smith, grandfather of Kent Smith, the current Bradley Central coach.

It's much more of an accomplishment when you consider that Bradley Central only has a county with about 80-90,000 people to pull their talent from while big old Memphis has ....what would you say?....1-2 million? I'm not saying that we're like Milan in "Hoosiers", it's just that every team in Memphis should have talent better than anyone else in the state. But it's not just about talent, is it? Maybe, just maybe, it's about coaching!

The best thing to come out of Memphis is Elvis and that's been a while back. The rest of the state is still praying for the next major earthquake to strike the New Madrid Fault line and maybe if we're lucky, Memphis will end up in Arkansas where they'll be buddies with Slick Willie and Slicker Hillary. The best thing about Memphis is that they are about as far away from the rest of Tennessee that you can get and hallelujah for that.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where all of the "super" talent that comes out of Memphis ends up. Seems like they have a lot of guys that can play roundball but that's about it. Case in point, Shawn Williams. The state's number one ranked player in pre-season didn't get to play a single second of basketball this year in high school. Yet I heard that he signed with the University of Memphis. Now that's a credit to...creative grade card reporting if you ask me.

You folks in Memphis gotta be proud of that!

:angry: WOW, did baconbreath BLISTER you guys or what!!! And I agree, I wouldn't move to Memphis if they were the only one's allowed to own basketballs! You can have it....

and like he said, "...be proud of that."!

Edited by 911

Anyone who complains about memphis and their basketball talant is just jealous and thats about it.BC got beat by the 2nd best team in the state and they would have gotten beat by the best.3 pointer is right north side did do bc a favor by beating them...they saved bc from being embarressed

Yep, ws really embarrassed us at the Arby's Classic!!! And who knows, if you ask JNS, they may say we got beat by the best team in west tn. In fact, we beat ws in our last encounter and JNS beat us so I don't think you have a lot to talk smack about!

Let me tell you local yokels from the armpit of Tennessee something and tell you something straight. You will never embarass Bradley Central. You may ocassionally score more points, yes. You may win more trophies, yes. You may put more guys in college somewhere, yes. But you will NEVER embarass us. We have too much class and dignity. Something that you will only read about.

P.S. I like colby cheese with my wine! We don't whine, we re-load. Bradley Central will be back and we'll be back with a vengeance.

P.S.S. And we won't have to put up with a bimbo, blond school-girl wife of the head coach. Someone needs to tell her to get some class. Oh, wait, they don't go to class in Memphis they just play basketball. But you've got to give her credit for one thing...she got mentioned in all of the papers in Northeast Tennessee in the Arby's Classic. Leading chants of "USA! USA! USA!' when the mighty fartins, I mean Spartans, were playing the team from Puero Rico. Now that's a great way to treat a team that spent a lot of money to travel to our country! Treat them like dirt and make them feel welcome....not!