Single A schools next year.

stephenzca

i was surprised halls didnt pull it out.we have tougher teams in our own district as well as the opposite region where Middleton and jcs play.Greenfield upset jcs who has 4 starters back for next year.i saw jcs play and Greenfield managed to beat jcs on there turf.Unaka managed to win when they needed to.halls had been hitting free throws late and making plays all year against better teams all year but didnt make it happen when they needed to get it done.5 missed free throws as well as one front end of a one and one was rare for this team.at least,they will be returning 5 out of the 7 players that played although they will be loosing there top two scorers in leading scorer dane strayhorn and second leading scorer lajoel nance.strayhorn was a special type quality player who is very rare.we will be missing him as he will be playing basketball somewhere collegiately.also,trenton Peabody has most of there returning players including 6"8 doaks,and several current sophomores at least 6"2 and other players along with some upcoming talent.lake county looses basically nobody who was the only single A team to beat halls at halls.they will be loaded with talent the next two or three years.Middleton was tall and very athletic.halls had to make a great comeback from 15 points in the third quarter to win with a game winning bucket with 20 seconds left to win a great game with another winning score by dane strayhorn who had done this several times in his career.too bad we didnt get the ball to him with 20 seconds to play to give halls a chance to win against Temple.it should be alot tougher for halls to get back to the state next year because of some tough matchups in our region and substate if we make it that far.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few things to say about Mt. Pleasant. They were supposed to be so great this year but didnt even get out of the region. Wayne County bet them 4 times this year and wayne county wasn't rank all year. Number 2 how in the world did coach boyd get coach of the year in district 12A. He had by far the most talented team in the district and finished 3rd or 4th during the season. I didn't think that he coached that team well at all. Webster should have touched the ball everytime down the court.