District 9AA

Gerry Bertier

With the district season about to get into full swing, I thought we could see what everyone's opinions are.

1. Marshall Co.- They always seem to reload, just shows you how great of a coach Joe George is. There must be something in the water in Lewisburg. Marshall will not be as strong as in year's past but I think they have enough to win the district.

2. Fairview- I may be a little biased here, but with Fairview having won 60 games in the last three seasons and a trip to the sectionals last year, I think the Jackets will put together a strong squad and win when it counts. As longs as they play good defense, they shouldn't miss the five seniors they lost last year.

3. Lewis Co.- They will be right in the mix for second place and it may come down to a tiebreaker with them ad Fairview. Lewis is the only team that returns their ace so that will be to their advantage. I just think the two teams ahead of them have more experience, however Lewis always gives Fairview tough games.

4. Giles Co.- They have a good coach down there, but I don't see alot of potential from these guys. Lost their sluggers and aces from a year ago. I just see it hard for them competing.

5. Page- With no seniors and only three juniors, this team could surprise some people. I just think they will have to prove they can win in a big game. If they youth gets some confidence it may spell trouble for the other teams.

6. Loretto- Losing 11 seniors and eight starters, you really can expect much from the Mustangs this year. But you never know what will happen in districts as they upset Giles and Page last year as a 6 seed and pushed Fairview to the limit in their last game of the tourney.

Good Luck to every team.

Any opinions?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great analysis there, Gerry Bertier. I think that's pretty much right on, but you never know until the games are played. Page gained a lot of confidence this weeked in the Shoney's tournament going 3-1 so don't count them out. Page gave Marshall Co a pretty good game in Lewisburg, only losing 3-5. The upcoming game in Rudderville between Page & Fairview will be the next test for the young Patriots. Fairview & Lewis Co. appear to be pretty strong, but I haven't seen them play yet. Also, I'm not sure what Giles Co. & Loretto have to offer, but Page plays them next week as well so we'll see what happens.

Hey there Pageman, this is jacketpride24 from last year but decided to change the name on coacht. Yeah Fairview has been playing well of late beating Ravenwood and Spring Hill at home. Alot of new faces though, but they are playing really well, I hope they can make it back to regionals and get to state something we came a game short of last year. Best of luck to all the teams this year and hope everyone plays well, unless you play Fairview. :justwrestle:

Hey Matt -- Look forward to seeing you. You're guys are working hard to keep up the Tiger tradition.

Marshall County may win the district, but it will come from some very good play, it's not going to be a cake walk for us this year. No one has stepped up as the big bat as of yet and we are still working on defense pretty hard.

Fairview doesnt really have alot to offer it all depends on who decides to play well.. the team as a hole likes to make errors not just one person but every one!! It has been a good season so far we will see whats going on for them in the future they have page tues. and giles thurs both away!! Who is pitching good for farivie w this year? thanks.

Ok, Gerry Bertier, formerly known as jacketpride24, I'll try to keep you informed this year, as best I can, about Fairview in general and how the game goes on Tuesday at Page. I hope this rain stops soon, but I believe the field at Page will be OK. The parents have done a lot of work on the field especially building an announcer's building so I won't be so exposed to the elements. Good luck Fairview, except for when you play Page.

Rising Star if you know so much about Fairview why are you asking who is pitching well? You should already know that. I know you are entitled to your opinions but if you would of told me that Fairview would be 5-2 going into district play I would have been surprised. This team has played well after their wake up call down in Centerville. I think this team will do well as long as they get good pitching and solid defense. The pitcher has impressed me the most is Brayton, he has two solid wins against AAA schools (Ravenwood and Spring Hill), the staff is young but I think they will do well in districts. Pageman, who is Page's ace this year after losing alot of quality pitchers last year?

yo Gerry maybe i was jsut wondreing what people thought u know who i am i jsut havnt told you. but yeah ur good friends with my brother if u know dont tell! but yeah this person has a solid win over a AAA team too and the Spring hHill Brayton did pitch an ok game the Bats is what realy helpedout on the 4 but yeah well see how good he is on 5 days rest instead of seven against a district team but well see.. I dont know but yeah yeah Gerry u know me!!

Signed ME