Region 3AAA

800trackmom

McMinn County had a good home meet on Thursday. We had wins in the 100 Meter Dash - Stephen McBride - :11.?? , 800 Meter Run - Chris Drainer - 2:07, 1600 Meter Run - Michael Billingsley - 4:41, 4X400 Meter Relay - Arnold, Drainer, Soto, Billingsley - 3:47, 4X800 Meter Relay - Boyd (me), Smith, Buckley, Drainer - 9:01 (we already ran an 8:36 with Billingsley), and the Shotput - Justin White - 43 feet. Smith and Buckley placed 2nd and 3rd in the 3200 Meter Run behind Zach McCool who ran a 10:05!

As for the girls, we had 2 school records broken. Freshman Quintana Vaughn threw 112 feet in the discus. The 4X800 Meter Relay consisting of Herron, Lee, Castor, and Mooney ran an 11:15.

Edited by Runthe800

Yea we did pretty good... I just basically used the race as a workout.. Coach wanted me to go through in 2:20 in the 1600 then hit 4:40 or so and I was right on.. Felt pretty confident but I wish Zach wasn't so tired from the 3200!! I ran 54 in the open 400 and then a low low 51 in the 4x400.... Man, I can't wait to start speed work... Caleb also did well in the 1600... Good luck to all... See you at Vol Classic!!!

I don't think Bradley is going to the Vol Classic this year, but then our schedule seems to be changing a lot. We've got something in Atlanta next Saturday and then we are suppose to go to Memphis on the Saturday before Easter but I'm begging out of that one. Glad to see the McMinn guys back posting. It gets really boring around here without you guys. So where are you running next week? Bradley goes back to Riverdale on Monday to finish last Saturday's meet and then we are in Lenoir City on Tuesday. I guess I need to change my name since Liz hasn't ran the 800 this year. Bradley is blessed with some good distance and mid-distance girls and not too many sprinters and Liz can sprint if she has to. Actually I think she is enjoying it. Anyway I like the fact that she is more concerned about what is best for the team than her personal preference. Have a great weekend.

Anyway I like the fact that she is more concerned about what is best for the team than her personal preference.

This is a very admirable attitude. Unfortunately alot of track teams do not have enough participates to even worry about "Team scoring"- sounds like you are one of the fortunate few! Good Luck!

Ooltewah, Brainerd, Soddy-Daisy, Central, Cumberland County, Cleveland, Red Bank, and Rhea County--Where are you guys? I've seen Brainerd, Rhea and Cumberland County run this year. Don't know who the young lady is that anchors Brainerd's 4 by 100 relay but that girl can fly. I'm sure Cleveland's girls should be awesome in the 4 by 800 this year. And of course the head to head between Jackie and Tiffany is always fun to watch. Let's hear how everyone is doing. Good luck to all of you and to McMinn and Bradley. Hopefully I didn't miss any of the schools, if I did, it was totally an oversight of stupidity on my part and not deliberate in any way. Good Luck to everyone in Region 3. B)

• 1 year later...
Ooltewah, Brainerd, Soddy-Daisy, Central, Cumberland County, Cleveland, Red Bank, and Rhea County--Where are you guys?  I've seen Brainerd, Rhea and Cumberland County run this year.  Don't know who the young lady is that anchors Brainerd's 4 by 100 relay but that girl can fly.  I'm sure Cleveland's girls should be awesome in the 4 by 800 this year.  And of course the head to head between Jackie and Tiffany is always fun to watch.  Let's hear how everyone is doing.  Good luck to all of you and to McMinn and Bradley.  Hopefully I didn't miss any of the schools, if I did, it was totally an oversight of stupidity on my part and not deliberate in any way.  Good Luck to everyone in Region 3. <_<

825223147[/snapback]

how about the speed demon on the girls 4x100 and 4x200 and the 100 from rhea county? she broke 2 school records last meet.