I'm going to a Cardinals game

I just bought the tickets. I'm going to be in Right Field in section 214. From the look of their seating chart I should be right around the foul pole. This will be my 3rd Cardinals game and my 2nd in St. Louis. I'm hoping we can go visit the Budweiser factory. I'm sure a trip to Hooters will be store. lol Anyways it will be good to be able to wear my Red and Blue once again. :( Maybe I'll be able to continue my BP HR success that I had in Atlanta last year and catch a couple of blasts from my Cards players. :o:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a blast. :) I'm hoping Matt Morris will pitch for the Cards and maybe Dontrelle for the Marlins. The last time I watch St. Louis play Darryl Kile pitched and it was his 1st to last start. :D But I did take some pictures of him that I will keep forever. I've always wanted to see Pedro pitch. He is simply great and Schilling isn't far behind him. If they stay healthy they'll give the Yankees a run for their money. :D

If you're in section 214, you will be directly above the Cardinals bullpen. I don't think the foul pole will be near you. Go to the following link and click on your section and you can check out the view from your seats. Cardinals seating

If you're wanting to watch BP, get there two hours in advance. Gates 4, 7 & 8 will be open for fans to watch batting practice. They will allow you to go down to the field level box seats in the corners and you may be able to get a ball there. If they allow, the best place to be during BP is the bleacher section.

I love going to Busch stadium. It'll be a sad day when they tear it down, but the new stadium looks like it'll be great!

Edited by sportsradiotn

If you're in section 214, you will be directly above the Cardinals bullpen. I don't think the foul pole will be near you. Go to the following link and click on your section and you can check out the view from your seats. Cardinals seating

If you're wanting to watch BP, get there two hours in advance. Gates 4, 7 & 8 will be open for fans to watch batting practice. They will allow you to go down to the field level box seats in the corners and you may be able to get a ball there. If they allow, the best place to be during BP is the bleacher section.

I love going to Busch stadium. It'll be a sad day when they tear it down, but the new stadium looks like it'll be great!

Yes, bleachers are open for BP, I caught a homer there last year when the Fish were in town. Field boxes are also open at 5 when the gates open.. Loge and terrace levels open at about 6.

And GB, you should be hoping for a righty pitcher...Edmonds probably wouldn't start against Dontrelle.

• 5 weeks later...

Well there aren't many details to tell. :rolleyes: This was a very quick game. (2 and a half hours) I guess the high point of the game would of been when my dad said if I was coaching I would do a hit and run right here and the Cardinals did a hit and run. Dontrelle Willis continues to amaze me, he is a really nice guy and is all about the kids (and the really old people). He actually threw a ball up at me but I let the little kid beside me catch it. I guess I could of pushed him out of the way and caught it for myself but I'm sure that made his year catching that ball. I got there right as the Cardinals were finishing bp so I didn't get to catch an Edmonds hr ball and the Marlins only hit a total of 11 during their whole bp, 3 of which were to left field where I was. Dontrelle also traded gloves with some old man in the stands, too bad it wasn't my dad. lol This is the first pro game that I've attended that there hasn't been a hr hit. :P I bought this really cool green Cardinals hat that will replace my customary blue one that I wear everywhere. Chris Carpenter pitched good. I took a few good pics of Miguel Cabrera, he had a smile on his face all the way through the game. :rolleyes: