Wilson Central-Hunters Lane

redbaron515

Everything was looking good for Hunters Lane when Savannah Roberts hit her 2nd home run of the season, but in the second inning, it went down hill. Amber Steen was having problems finding the plate. 2 costly errors gave Wilson Central a 4-1 lead. Hunters Lane had their chances to score, especially in the 7th inning. Had the bases loaded with no outs, and only got one run out of it. Final score.....5-2 in favor of WC.

Steen had 15 strike outs in that game. The balls that were put into play were not handled by the defense. A pitcher cannot win a game by herself. She did walk a few batters. What was a strike one pitch was not a strike the next, but when you can record 15 strikeouts, you should have a win. A team has to want to win.

Yes. 2 pop ups in the infield an one in the outfield were not called. Someone needs to take charge and call for the ball. I do agree with you. If your pitcher K's 15, it should be a win. I think things will turn around though. This time last year, the Lady Warriors were 1-6, and remember what it amounted to? 3rd place finish in the state tourny. Things will change. Give it a little time.

I agree Redbaron. They did have a slow start last year and improved alot throughout the season. They just need a little playing time under their belt. The other teams have all played in a couple of tournaments and had several scrimmages. The warriors first games were last weekend in the Hendersonville Tourny. They are a little rusty and there just does not seem to be alot of effort defensively. Hopefully they will get thier heads and hearts into it. There is definately potential there.

Yes, I didnt agree with them not playing in one playday this year. They had 2 scrimmages before the Hville Classic, which isnt alot. Also, they have a new coach, and he has to get used to things as well. He was my dads assistant last year, so he knows the players. A little before mid season, they will get going.