Knoxville Catholic v. MBA

Irish17

catholic dominated most of the game, but let down near the end of the game. MBA got a few chances late, but the lone MBA goal was actually an own goal. Austin Sheridan scored for catholic on a header offf a throw-in. catholic missed several shots that should have been put in, just really couldnt finish well. MBA didnt have many opportunities, but they kept working and got their goal right near the end.

mrh11,

Is it true, Michael, that Dan Sheridan, probably the second or third best goalie in DII, is out for the year and talented midfielder Mike Pierce is now goalie? Pierce is a great athlete and a wonderful goalie, but if this is true and Dan is out, I think it doesn't necessarily weaken your team, but it does get Pierce out of the midfield where he can stop a lot of guys one and one and make great headers in the box. I was just wondering if this is true or not. If it is true, I feel very sorry for Dan, probably the most fearless goalie I have ever seen play soccer, as well as just a great all-around athlete and person. Thanks.

Not mrh11 but, yes, senior co-captain Dan Sheridan's high school sports career has ended. He injured his wrist during basketball season and played nearly the whole b-ball season with it broken. He needed bone graft surgery (hip to wrist) on the break and should make a full recovery, but not until after high school season has ended. Mike Pierce has moved into goal and is doing a tremendous job. Dan was back with the team on the sideline within a day after his surgery for the Father Ryan match and he is doing very well.