Maryville

~justme~

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short? Whats the supposed to mean? How can a track be short? Its 400 meters around, there is no short. 100 meters in the straightaways another 100 in the corners. Anyway, their track team is probably not all that great this year, they lost some real key runners (every single 400 runner, like 8 of them), but they will still do pretty good.

i just got back from the scott hartman relays in brentwood. their track seemed very short. times were the same though, i dunno something about some tracks seem short

Brentwood as in BA? because their track is unusual since it has very long curves and short straights. Every track differs in length of straights and curves, but i would imagine they all at least come very close to 400m

Maryville's track is at the middle school and it didn't appear short. Bradley ran there last week. Most of the times were pretty much in line with what they had been other places. If you are running there, you might want to take some chairs. They have bleachers but their track is not around a football field so there is not a lot available seating. They do a well organized meet.

Just a question- Alot of tracks are short or long for that matter- they can be easily measured wrong a few meters here and there. We have 3 tracks in our town and only one is measured accurately.

just a question......who told you that crap??? who in there right mind would build a track that is not 400 meters....sure turns and straightaways can be different but there is absolutely no way tssaa would alow official competition on a short track

Short? Whats the supposed to mean? How can a track be short? Its 400 meters around, there is no short. 100 meters in the straightaways another 100 in the corners. Anyway, their track team is probably not all that great this year, they lost some real key runners (every single 400 runner, like 8 of them), but they will still do pretty good.

MHS will still not be too bad this year, although we had an awesome 100 and 200 relay team last year, ours this year wont look too bad.... and the girls are supposed to be pretty good this year, but yeah losing carl and drew and a bunch of other great runners and throwers is pretty tough to overcome

Yea, from what I heard Maryville got their numbers up again, girls are actually coming out to run, unlike last year. I think the 100 and 200 relays will improve when McCord stops being lazy and starts running, along with Logan Flowers. We have one standout thrower that comes to mind, and only one standout person in field events (a triple jumper). So I am not really sure if they will be as strong as last year, but I am sure they will get a good amount of wins.

Yea, from what I heard Maryville got their numbers up again, girls are actually coming out to run, unlike last year. I think the 100 and 200 relays will improve when McCord stops being lazy and starts running, along with Logan Flowers. We have one standout thrower that comes to mind, and only one standout person in field events (a triple jumper). So I am not really sure if they will be as strong as last year, but I am sure they will get a good amount of wins.

Who is the good thrower?

just a question......who told you that crap??? who in there right mind would build a track that is not 400 meters....sure turns and straightaways can be different but there is absolutely no way tssaa would alow official competition on a short track

Maryvilles Track may be accurate but TRUST me when I say alot of tracks are not exactly 400m- some may be just a meter or two long or short- Its not meant as an insult just an inquiry!