Best school track

Hawaiianpunch35

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another place that doesnt have the best track is Briarcrest (I think thats the name?). Yes, the host of the State meet. I was dissapointed last year- but at least they did a better job than they do with CC. Actually, my memorys pretty tainted because I thought the meet was run well, but I think they actually did have a nice track.

The best highschool track Ive run on is probably McCallie, but Im sure there are nicer facilities somewhere...

the worst track is at Cocke Country...it is terrible! Cherokee also has a terrible track and bad facilities (sp). I hurt myself triple jumping there.

Any track without a rubberized surface is a bad one for running events in my opinion. Both Cocke County and Greenville have asphalt tracks which makes track shoes with spikes slick, as well as ruining them, and almost forces runners to use whatever else they happen to have.

I can't speak for the field events but I thought Cherokee had a nice rubberized track surface. CC17Run, it must be pretty good or they would not have the IMAC championships there this year as well as last year.

Walker Valley High School has 8 lanes, lots of lighting for those late night meets, boys and girls long jump pits, lots of nice bleachers, a wonderful PA system for announcing the runners etc........a top pf the line timing system, a great concession, plenty of parking and 2 huge bathrooms with plenty of stalls- All they need now is the rubberized surface and the pole vault pit which is coming very soon! Probably before this seasons end. ( and its just off the interstate- easy to find) and an extra plus is that it will be named after one of the Greatest Coaches to ever Live! The David W. Lewis Track and Field Complex~ :P

Edited by ~justme~