Volunteer Falcons

doubleplay96

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have a lot to say about Tues. scrimmage at Unicoi Co., than to say we are not a very good ballteam at this time. I still think we could be very good but some things are really going to have to change for that to happen. Defense played well. Good changes in the D-Line. O-line, pretty good run blocking, AWEFUL pass blocking. Chuck won't make it long getting hammered on every pass play. Fumbles, Fumbles, Fumbles, 2 Ints. (probably due to being used to getting hammered on every pass play)

If things don't improve it will be lookout Boone here comes the FOULCONS cause overall we stink! :ph34r:

Go Falcons!!!

Scrimmage went alright. We had success running the ball but whenever we tried to throw Chucky couldnt even take the snap without getting hit Line must learn to pass block PERIOD! Defense looked very well we gave them the ball in our territory i dont know how many time and the Defense kept them to only scoring 1 TD we also have got to learn to hang on to the football we had 4 turnovers 2 INT's and 2 fumbles. We fumbled about 4 or 5 times id say we were lucky we got some back. The line has just got to step it up. We got some players hurt mainly on the defensive side of the ball and when we can get everyone healthy we should be in good shape. I still think this team can be very good we just got stop the stupid mistakes like penaltys and turnovers and we'll be alright.

GO FALCONS!!!

Hey, where are all of you Falcon fans. This thread got buried back on the fifth page. I thought I would bring it forward so it would not get lost.

I know things did not go so well in the scrimmage with Johnson County but there is a week to get matters taken care of.

One is to learn to hold onto the ball. Sometimes the better back is the one who holds onto the ball. It does not matter how fast you are or how good your moves are, if you cannot hold onto the ball it does not matter. Maybe, we need to change balls and go to the "Bud" brand instead of Nike, Wilson or what ever they use these days. Then maybe some could catch and then hold onto the ball a little better.

A little discipline would also help. Too many illegal procedure and personal foul penalties. When I played if we had been that undiciplined we would have started running after the scrimmage and we would still be running. I am talking about the whole team.

There is no "I" in team.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, we need to change balls and go to the "Bud" brand instead of Nike, Wilson or what ever they use these days. Then maybe some could catch and then hold onto the ball a little better.

There is no "I" in team.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud ball...that must be from the baseball and basketball influences.

But there is "I" in WIN--( to quote Micheal Jordon)

I think page 26D in the Times News High School Football Preview tells the direction this team is going!

If this team is a bunch of individuals its because the coaches haven't prevented it from happening, if anything they have helped cause it.

Our SO CALLED team leaders/star players running around throwing elbows, strutting around, and talking on the cellphone on the sidelines is the direction this team is going.

From what I here there has been Senior player meetings about these problems, but if your problem comes from those ranks that ain't gonna help.

Guys its time this junk gets stopped or this team is going to go down the tubes in a hurry and with the team we have thats a crying shame. :blink:

Edited by DandDD

i couldnt agree more.dandd hit the nail on the head.here is my take.there are other kids thats helped the team more than those two . what a slap in the face.7 was in ut football review.the wingt stinks,they quit running it when they put face mask on helmets.last year it killed our offense compared to the year before,it hurt jones,lindholm,our record ,total offense and kept us out of playoffs. at the jamboree we sat next to 8 cherokee football players ,every play we ran they yelled to greenville where the ball was going.when 82 ran on the field they would yell run,they never throw when he is in.if the offense isnt changed it will be the same as last year,embarassing.has jones everheard of getting your qb in a groove with short easy passes.unicoi has their first 4 passes were easy slants,4 complete,1 td.our first 2 passes with a struggling offense line was a pass to the fullback 30 yards downfield,how stupid ,interception, next pass to fleming whos defender had played him 20 yds off every play was a stupid fade instead of a quick out to set up the fade.we dont run slants,screens.go watch DB tonight and check out their offense.it might open your eyes.it couldnt be no worse than its been.

Edited by floridabballfan