Volunteer Falcons

doubleplay96

My mistake devil fan. I knew we were going to Greeneville for a scrimmage, I thought you were a West fan. We went to West Green. So I will get my drive down Goshen Friday night.

I know you guys will be ready, good program. I'm a Falcon fan so You know where that leads me. The way I see it we are undefeated. My glass is always half full. So good health to yours and ours. It should be a good night in Morristown.

I do want to give out a shout to the Falcons for the effort at West Green. Our leader showed pose, our go to guy was there, the line play on both sides was effective, the backers filled it up, and some folks stepped up. We had a goal line stand, + on the turnovers, and a few big plays. All that on a wet field. Play calling was good and the defense is gonna dish out some pain. I feel good because I know we will get better each week. I think at the time the first team came out it was three-zip, Volunteer.

So we'll see ya at the jamboree.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panther, seems to me if you are going through Goshen to go to either West Greene or M'town you are going the difficult route, especially if you leave from Volunteer. The Bulls Gap way is probably closer for West Greene. It may be six to one and a half dozen to the other as far as M'town is concerned, but the roads sure are better going down to Bean Station and across.

I have not been on in a while, so I had to say something. I figured I might be able to discuss travel routes without getting anyone too twisted and bent out of shape. Last spring I got fussed at for trying to give some stats. Some of us cannot win for losing.

You had better be careful Panther, those folks from Moshiem may get ill at you for saying that they are in Greeneville and vice versa.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I understand there were fewer out than hoped for, is that true?"

skunk, I thought I'd try to answer your question by telling you the previous poster stating the Falcons had 35 players is dyslectic at a minimum. :rolleyes:

Any word from your sources on how the oldest Throp kid is liking the college game?

(I can't wait to get this season started! Heck, I've been attending the Lynn Garden little league in the rain just to get a quick fix! ) :D

Keep working hard Falcons.

This will be the year that you get better every time out. I know it's early but I liked seeing all the different players in the jamboree, everybody gets a chance and that makes'em all want to step up.

Chhs, when I can go through Goshen to get anywhere, I take it, I love the drive.

VHS, come on down and check'em out. I'm not even sure if all of last years starters are starting this year.

SatchUmp, I wish every man in the school went out, but how many does it take? We want kids with heart that are coachable. We have some of the best young players on the team ever. Volunteer has some great freshmen athletes that will make a difference and we have a full squad.

By the way doubleplay read the post next time before you comment, North did beat Chuckey

Trainer

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 42,783

lst Round Cloudland over North 7-0

Cloudland l4-Chuckey 14

North6 Chuckey 6

North 8 Cloudland 6

North 6 Chuckey 6

North 12 Chuckey 0 Final

Big week for improvements. From what was shown in the Jamboree our guys up front need to step up and get better. Greenevilles d-line was causing a lot of trouble in the backfield. The only thing that worked any at all was the quick dives up the middle and I think their line just ran by the handoff. Chucky had to run around an aweful lot. The D-line got completely blown off the ball in Greenevilles first series which was about a 60-65 yard 6 minute drive of basic running plays.

Linebackers and secondary played very well.

I think our coaches will work out these problems in this weeks practices and scrimmages.

12 days til Boone comes to town!!

GO FALCONS !!

Thanks 96, you're are dependable man, a kind of go to guy. We have a TD meeting Tuesday, can you give us a time on the Unicoi scrimmage. We may move the meeting time up or move it to Wednesday.

In the weeks to come we will get a few visitors trying to stir us up. Let's all try to ingnore them and keep this thread upbeat and about Volunteer football.

Good luck in Unicoi, I hope to be there.