doubleplay96

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I get it.........This is a "Cult"

The Volunteer Cult.

When are you passing out the Coolaid?

I bet dumb&bumber will be the first in line.

Maybe your "Head" coach can pick up a win against winless Davey Crocket. Then you can all get on here and brag about what a great job of coaching he did.

WaCo "punk" JaCo.......gettin' my kicks!

Edited by WaCoJaCo

"Call Dan Rather at 48 hours Big Reno says High School kids try and cheat. I have never heard of this before. "

i hate to inform you but that probably happens at about any High School you will go to. and if i recall HBO Real Sports has done a segment on it before.

Edited by vfalcon76

saying Venable is Your "Winningest Coach" in history. Your "Head" coach turns winners into losers.

825343628[/snapback]

You said yesterday that nobody deals in facts...Well Venable is the winningest football coach.That is a fact.Thats is more than many other coaches that have been at Volunteer as football coach.Fact. Winners into losers that is your opinion, not a fact. Why do you have such a problem with Coach Venable? Call him and talk to him personally. I am sure he would love to discuss it with you face to face.

[ ;) SIZE=1]well, this is my first post but after reading the previous posts about Volunteer it seems to me that the young men that are doing the actual work are the ones who are suffering from not only the normal pressures but they too have access to CoachT & how do you think that they feel when they see all of the arguing about who's doing what right & wrong. I would hope that you as an adult & or a parent have brought your young adult up to believe in what they are doing & to do the very best that they can. Yeah it's great to go watch these atheletes do the very best that they can but to bash the efforts of all is a bit much. I guess the definition of TEAM has changed. It used to be you play as a practice, play, win or lose as a team not one was the carrier of all what does that do to the esteem of all others when there's so much enphasis on one certain player & what kind of pressure is that to that particular player. No you can't take anything away from one who is strong in what they do but they're just one person & if you work together then you can move mountains. Everyone has potential but when adults are carrying on with nonsense about one being the best of all & that they can't make it without them is destroying any heart that they might have. Give these young men a break & support them win or lose that shows that you truly believe in them & their potential. But, if they're losing you don't show, you downgrade them & that doesn't show true maturity, sportsmanship, & belief in the team. As far as the coaching staff I've always been told that if they'd get rid of one in particular that they would stand a chance but from one of the games that I've attended I seen that he'd done his job in one part because it took the defense to score because the offensive coach couldn't or didn't know how to call the right plays. But you've also got to look @ the ref's they don't always see or call the right penalties. So it's like the young guys trying to win they're all a team coaches included. So instead of putting so much energy in trying to put the blame out there just stand behind these young men win or lose. Show them that they're a great bunch instead of leaving the impression that they only matter when they're winning. You might be surprised @ the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waco doesn't have the guts to face Venable and Mr. Hotzclaw as for the school and it's failure to give you a quality education and athletic success we are real sorry about that maybe you should have left earlier in your career. I will check with the baseball coaches and see what type of player you where.

Well theres OldSock, stinking up the house again. OldSock you have no ideal who I am, so you can't say I have no guts. Im not going to get in any fights over the internet anyway. Considering the fact that I know who Venable is, all about him, on and off the field, then Im the only one that knows if I have the guts to face him. For sure you don't know. Why don't you quit dancing around the fact that he has "1" winning season in his life, has taken a team that should be 3-0, to a 0-3 record with 3 straight blowouts. The only argument I've got has been that he is still Volunteers winningest coach. You people don't set the bar two high do you.

Good luck to the players and the rest of the coaching staff against Davey Crocket. Maybe Venable will get lost comming to the game, and you guys will get your first win of the season.

WaCo "the trouble maker" JaCo thumb

Well theres OldSock, stinking up the house again. OldSock you have no ideal who I am, so you can't say I have no guts. Im not going to get in any fights over the internet anyway. Considering the fact that I know who Venable is, all about him, on and off the field, then Im the only one that knows if I have the guts to face him. For sure you don't know. Why don't you quit dancing around the fact that he has "1" winning season in his life, has taken a team that should be 3-0, to a 0-3 record with 3 straight blowouts. The only argument I've got has been that he is still Volunteers winningest coach. You people don't set the bar two high do you.

Good luck to the players and the rest of the coaching staff against Davey Crocket. Maybe Venable will get lost comming to the game, and you guys will get your first win of the season.

WaCo "the trouble maker" JaCo thumb

825343942[/snapback]

WaCoJaCo, I have read your posts for some time now and always thought for the most part they were insightful and sometimes entertaining, and although I have no dog in this fight there are two things that are apparent in reading your posts.

1. You have either never coached, or never coached anything above little league. Otherwise you would not trash a fellow coach to the degree that you have in a public forum regardless if your opinion of him was good or bad. I do not know coach Venable personally but no coach deserves what you are saying about him, and if you truly feel that strongly about him be a man and take it to him person to person.

2. No offense to Volunteer, but WaCo you could not have seen them play, or you would not be saying they should be 3-0. I saw them ( in the jamboree ) before they lost Lindholm and Cherokee was still the better team in my opinion. East is also 3-0 and evidently for the size school around 1000 students a pretty fair team. The Falcons have some talent, but loosing their starting QB right before the season would be difficult for most teams to overcome even if they had a very strong defense which at this time the Falcons do not. There are things believe it or not that are more important in the big picture than wins and losses.

Some very good points Big Daddy.

WaCo I've got a big ole gallon jug of Koolaid for you.

89Chief, As upset as we get with each other, I'll have to defend everyone on this thread. I don't think anyone was bad mouthing the players for any team. Seems like you want to get on here with your whinny " treat everyone the same" and "It's just a game" and "It's not whether you win or lose" CRAP. I hate to tell you, these statements are untrue! People get on here and argue all the time and sometimes it gets tough. But you know what? Lifes tough! We can be mad at each other all we want as long as we don't physically hurt anyone. That whinny stuff makes me sick. I bet you got a big ole Kerry/Edwards sticker on your car.

Lets give it the ole whinny cheer!!

Lets Go Endangered birds of prey, Lets play well, and have fun. Be sure to be really good sports because we don't want to hurt anyones feelings thumb

Edited by DandDD