DII rankings

Bigredgoo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the Super 7 goes, I'd say MBA and BA will again be battling it out for the state championship. However, MBA lost a lot, including their QB(Fisher). BA lost alot, as well, but may be deeper than they have been in the past, with a lot of good underclassmen. I think CBHS will be down this year, having lost a ton of starters, several of which went D-I. MUS will be better. Father Ryan will also be better, but I don't see them winning more than five this year. McCallie could challenge for the title. Baylor, I'm not too sure about.

Overall, I think we'll see that the Super 7 is more balanced this year. If MBA can solidify the QB spot(Burns?), I look for them to take home another state title.

MUS has a lot of returners. MBA and BA will both be good, as always, but they did lose some key experienced skill people. McCallie lost some good veterans but has a good nucleus returning. I think Baylor lost a lot after a tough year. Father Ryan appeared to be 9improving as the year progressed last year and will be better.

I think there is a qb at mba who is a freshman this year who may compete for the starting job next year as a sophomore. I like burns at tailback, so I hope they can find someone else.

Yeah, I think his name is Howe. They say his pretty good, but it will be hard for a sophmore to come in and start. I can see them starting out with Burns at QB and gradually working in Howe, to give Burns time at tailback. I was impressed with Andy Snyder last year at tailback. I would imagine he would be in there when Burns is at QB.

Surprise of the year: :) Father Ryan - a couple good classes in a row might start something

Biggest Dissapointment: ;) MBA - after back-2-back they lack the senior leadership that made last years team great.

With limited expierence: All Super Seven Teams are practically in the hunt...

BA - is deep and returns a QB, needs a couple linemen to step up but the backfield looks stacked with phenom Tyree Ford (very illusive)

Baylor - never interests me for serious contention but this maybe their year...

CBHS - rebuilding year...

Like always the Super Seven will produce top high school football but it tis up in the air. Who will win? Only time will tell.........

I cant wait to see Ensworth what do u think?

• 4 weeks later...

Finalists - MBA and BA

Semi-Finalists - MUS and McCallie

Also rans - Ryan, CBHS, Baylor

It's very tough to pick between MBA and BA for the championship. On paper, BA has the more experienced, deeper team, but they don't play the games on paper.

Both teams may have the best overall lines they have had in years. If BA's D-Backs can step up, including Bruce Little not being injured again, and Ty Ford has the kind of year he's capable of, then I really do think BA might have an edge.

...at least I hope so!