Marion Co. 2 - Grundy 0

DelTavian

Without question the best game on Grundy's field in the three years since it was built.

Marion's Sarah Griffith struck out 22, hit two, and gave up only one hit.

Grundy's Cassie Kilgore struck out 15, hit two, walked two and gave up five hits.

Outstanding game from both teams.

They play again in Jasper April 15th.

Del.

Not to take away from Grundy's overall game, because it was a very good one, but if Marion had actually hit the ball like they usually do, it would have been over in 5 innings. Marion wanted to beat Cassi Kilgore so bad that it kinda got in their way, and didn't play their "A" game. Griffith was ON FIRE tonight!!! Striking out 22 batters out of 30 is not bad at all. Grundy's Kilgore hit three of the Lady Warriors tonight, being Sarah Griffith, Sarah Nunley, and Jennifer Spangler. She also pitched a very good game and handled the pressure very well of having to play her former team for the first time. But, in the end, she didn't have what it took to win the game. Good Luck to the Lady Yellow Jackets the rest of the season. See ya in Jasper!!!

I agree. It was a very good game on both sides. I didn't think that anyone was ever going to get a hit. Nunley from Marion stayed back on a change up and was able to get a single in left, followded up by a blooper from Huggins that fell just behind first base. That was Marion' only two hits of the game.

Griffith and Kilgore both pitched great games. It came down to the very end, and way to come out on top Marion.

I agree. It was a very good game on both sides. I didn't think that anyone was ever going to get a hit. Nunley from Marion stayed back on a change up and was able to get a single in left, followded up by a blooper from Huggins that fell just behind first base. That was Marion' only two hits of the game.

Griffith and Kilgore both pitched great games. It came down to the very end, and way to come out on top Marion.

We had Marion with 5 hits. Paris with 2, Matthews, Nunley and Huggins with 1 each.

Grundy's lone hit came of a Sarah Milner bunt.

Again, and outstanding game.

And yes I think the freshman Kilgore handled the pressure....and the yelling at her....very well.

Where is Griffith going to play in college? She's got what it takes for sure to do well.

Del (who's headed to the lake in a little while. :) )

cassie kilgore is by far one of the best freshmen out there there no since of any of yall takin away for m her game or marions game but.. we will see what happens in jasper later in the season

Won't have to wait long. That game is next Thursday. I just hope I get back from Nashville in time to see it.

Del.

cassie kilgore is by far one of the best freshmen out there there no since of any of yall takin away for m her game or marions game but.. we will see what happens in jasper later in the season

I don't think anyone means to belittle anyone or any team. I'm only confused to why this player left MC to go to Grundy when it seems, from what I've heard and read, that she would've played alot this year and then been the starting pitcher for the next 3 years.

I don't think anyone means to belittle anyone or any team. I'm only confused to why this player left MC to go to Grundy when it seems, from what I've heard and read, that she would've played alot this year and then been the starting pitcher for the next 3 years.

I think if we start getting into that feathers could get ruffled on either side.

Obviously there's two sides to the story. I think it would be better to let it go. What's done is done.

Del (who's glad to have Cassie as part of the Grundy family.)