Monday April 12

Marshall Co. @ Giles Co.

Fairview @ Loretto

Page @ Lewis Co.

Thursday April 15

Marshall @ Loretto

Page @ Fairview

Lewis Co. @ Giles Co.

Game of the Week- Marshall Co. @ Giles Co.- This game could decide the district race. Marshall hasn't lost a district game since losing to Page in the district tourney in 2002. If Giles wants to prove they are for real this year a win over the Tigers certainly would prove that.

My Bold Predictions for the Week (3-1 on the season)

Giles Co. over Marshall Co.

Loretto over Fairview

Lewis Co. over Page

Marshall over Loretto

Fairview over Page

Giles Co. over Lewis Co.

Any thoughts on the second full week of play?

Also, mctigerfan I only have Marshall beating Page, Fairview, and Lewis Co. putting them 3-0 in the district not 4-0.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry About That -- Wishful Thinking on My Part --

I hope you are wrong on the Marshall County -Giles County game. I feel it will be a good game. I hope we get a better set of umps than we've seen lately. I don't want to be a whiner but I hate to see that everchanging strike zone. The guys don't know whether to bring a bat or 9 iron to the plate.

Only time will tell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who all has Giles County beat -- I believe one of their wins was against Cornersville ?

I'm assuming that all three district games on Monday were rained out. Along with these three, there were also games postponed on Mar. 29 - Lewis Co. at Giles Co & Loretto at Marshall Co. The teams have to play these games at some point - this may stretch their pitching staffs as some games may be played on Wednesdays & Saturdays, normally off days. If someone knows when any of these games are rescheduled, please post. Thanks.

Thanks for the reschedule dates, mreverything & mctigerfan. I've added them to my calendar of District 9-AA games. I haven't heard when Page will make-up the game at Lewis Co rained out Mon. I will post reschedule date here and update Page's schedule on coacht when info gained.

Games for Thursday, April 15

Page at Fairview

Marshall Co. at Loretto

Lewis Co. at Giles Co. - Double-Header

Some interesting games here that will definitely affect the standings. I'll post a report on Page/Fairview late tonight under a new topic showing score. I'll be looking for scores on the other games as well.

Edited by PageMan

Thursday's Results:

Fairview 3, Page 0

Lewis Co. 3, Giles Co. 2

Lewis Co. 4, Giles Co. 3

Marshall Co. 12, Loretto 1

District Standings 4-15-04

Marshall Co.....4-0

Lewis Co.........3-2

Giles Co..........3-2

Fairview..........2-3

Loretto............1-3

Page...............1-4

Tonight's game of Fairview at Loretto should be good.

I'll be looking for your analysis of the standings, Gerry.

With Fairview's 11-4 victory over Loretto tonight (4-16), they move to 3-3 in the district. Loretto's loss ties them with Page at 1-4 as Monday (4-19) these teams will battle for last place in Loretto. Marshall Co. still has to play Giles Co. twice (4-21 & 4-29) in two important games. Lewis Co. & Fairview will be watching those games with much interest. Things are beginning to tighten up in the middle of the standings with Marshall Co. in the cat bird seat and controlling their fate. Can they hold on to their lead or will some other team step up? We'll just have to play the games and see what happens.

Thoughts on the 2nd week of district play

Lewis Co. was the suprise team of the week as they beat Giles Co. twice in Pulaski. This put the Panthers in 2nd place in the district and in command of their own destiny. There must be something in the water in Howenwald. Marshall Co. stayed atop the district and looks poised for another undefeated regular season in district play. Giles Co. has to get my poor performance of the week, you have to win at least one game when playing a DH at home against a district foe and they did not. Page continued to struggle as did Loretto. Fairview did what they had to do, to get back into the district race. I think the Jackets may surprise some people this week.

Top Team of the Week- Lewis Co. (2-0 in district play)

Toilet Bowl Award- Loretto and Page (Can't buy a win this week)

Player of the Week- Matt Putnam (Fairview)

As the season goes on looks like we will be haing some interesting contest to decide the seeding for the tourney. Will we have another cinderella (Loretto from 2003)? Will Marshall ever lose a district game? Only time will tell. Good Luck the rest of the season.