Farragut 48 game win streak ends...

HiwasseeVol

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man those guys are a heck of a team......I got to see them and they inmpressed the heck out of me with their chemistry. They seem to get along well together and play instinctively. I can't remember his name but #7 impressed me because he busted his butt all over the field. Kids who hustle all the time will always catch the eyes of a few scouts.

All things must pass.........and this streak ended in Oakland. But it ended with with a bang! The Admiral's trailed for much of the game after getting off to a 1-0 lead in the 1st ( the 1st of 2 solo HRs by Waldrop 3-4 2/RBI's). Brad Robinson, Oakland's Ace, pitched well through 6 full (6/Inn, 8/H, 4/K's, 1/BB, 4/R, 4/ER). I did not get the name of the fellow who replaced Brad after 2 batters in the 7th.

Oakland led 5-2 going into the top of the 7th. Waldrop led off with a single and Scott Dean hit a blast (his 3rd of the week-end) over the center field monster....it

was a shot....bringing the score to 5-4 Oakland. Reily Jenning strung the new guy out to 10 pitches before getting HBP. The next Admiral Ked and then Jon Pigg (2-3, 2B)drew a walk......1st & 2nd - 1 out. Drew Reagan then reached on a E-4 loading the bases. Chip Eskew followed by hitting a shallow pop to mid/right-center (out #2) and Reily Jennings was gunned on a perfect throw to Alex Watson blocking home plate for #3. It was an exciting finish to an exciting game. If we are going to lose.....its going to head first in a cloud of dust!

Tyler Powell pitched well for the Admiral's going the distance. He scattered 9 hits, Ked 4, 1/BB, 3/4ER.

Down 5-2 going into the top of the 7th and they never thought of packing it in. This was indeed a lose and it did end a great streak, but no one hung their heads in Admiral land tonight............we'll see you dressed out, on time, and ready to play in Sevier Co. Monday.

Guest Oakland

what a confidence booster for oakland. beating collierville yesterday and beating farragut today, which shows me oakland can definatly hang with the big boys if they bring their A game. congrats to coach hawks and his boys

I saw the last 4 innings, it was a heck of a game from what i saw.

One thing i will say about Farragut (sp?) they put the ball in play. They have patience at the plate, and don't strike out much. From what i understand they were down a center fielder and a short stop.

I don;t know who played third base in the tullahoma game, but i liked him. He got to balls i haven;t seen very many high school players get to.

How long is it before Del Monico is back?