Farragut 48 game win streak ends...

HiwasseeVol

Although very upsetting this must be for the Admiral's, I'd like to say something positive. This team is better than last years 48 or 49-1 team. Looking at scores and schedules from last year, I see that Farragut didn't play a schedule quite as hard as they do now, atleast not bang bang like they did in this tournament...Germantown, Riverdale, Tullahoma, and Oakland...2 days...these 4 teams, less G-town bc they don't seem as strong as they have been in past years(don't aske me why the Ad's ace pitched this game), are legitmate candidates for top ten in the state. 4-0 would be very tough to pull off, especially going against a team's ace, and it just about happened. Great game both teams. Congrats to Oakland on the win, and as for Farragut; keep your heads up, win state, and get another ring...that's all that matters.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i had just beat a defending state chamion who hadn't lost in almost 50 games, i would be excited to. Especially the way they won it. And it doesn't matter who was playing and who wasn't.

it doesn't matter who was playing? hmmm...so we could just take a couple Lacrosse players and fill in the holes? We are talking about 2 incredible difference makers; Eldridge was all state last year as a junior I think maybe I go to WB but I know he got all Region as a sophomore, and is the states top outfielder, and I know Tony the SS went like 4-4 in the state championship game last year as a freshman and he made some incredible stops at short against us...I agree w/ you on going nuts after beating a team like that, I know I would if we beat them, but you might want to rethink that last sentence. The players don't matter????? :blink:

davidlimbaugh,

It was a pleasure meeting you and spending some time in the pressbox. What a setup! I understand why you are so proud of it. We had a great game at your place and the entertainment was first rate. :blink:

Our game with Oakland was a very good high school baseball game. Both teams played hard. It really doesn't matter about the injuries. All teams have to deal with those during the season. Oakland played well. I was really proud of our boys and how they kept battling the entire game. They showed a lot of character in the 7th inning. Brad pitched well for Oakland. I think this game will help both teams. Oakland, I'm sure, has some added confidence. Farragut found some players that will add quality depth after those injured starters return.

Now back to district play and working to get better. The goal remains a return trip to Memphis.

Congrats to Oakland on a fine baseball game. They deserve the win and can take pride in the fact that they knocked off a nationally ranked team with a 49 game winning streak. We knew it would happen some time. Did they celebrate too much?, I don't think so. This was a huge win for them and I would expect any team to react that way.

One last thing I would like to mention. It was good to see the Farragut dugout so emotional during the comeback in the 7th inning. It was good to see how they reacted with their backs to the wall. I think it will be natural for them to step it up a notch now since they did not like the outcome of the game and for that reason alone, losses can sometimes be a good thing.

Karns has District games on Monday against Central and Knoxville Halls on Wednesday...I wouldn't expect to see much pitching in the Tuesday game against Farragut, sort of makes you wonder why the game is scheduled. :D

What's for dinner in the skybox? I'm off that day, so I'll come hungry. Maybe AdDad will let me sit next to him and share the lineup card.

It would be nice to play more that five innings, but I better eat early just in case. :blink: