A classless act by an umpire

festor

I would have found it hard to believe to if i wasn't there. But i happened to see it and it was that bad.

As i said, they player wasn't paying attention to the foul ball because he was getting ready for his AB.

Where are all the Oakland people at. They should know the name of the umpire. I know i always knew the people of the umpires at our place when i played. And most everyone else does to.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame when the umpires think the game should be about them. The game is about the 18 guys on the field. The umpire is just there to make sure it runs smoothly. I always say you can tell the good umpires from the bad because you don't remember the good ones. The problem with the coaches arguing is that when you have an umpire like this, the slightest thing can make him toss you. And you know what that means!!! A stiff fine and a suspension! :D

It's a shame when the umpires think the game should be about them. The game is about the 18 guys on the field. The umpire is just there to make sure it runs smoothly. I always say you can tell the good umpires from the bad because you don't remember the good ones. The problem with the coaches arguing is that when you have an umpire like this, the slightest thing can make him toss you. And you know what that means!!! A stiff fine and a suspension! :D

Not to say this guy was right. Most likely from all the responses he was wrong. BUT from an umpire's stand point this game is hard. sometimes you have a pitcher who has thrown 8 balls up, down ,way out and bounced a few. then he paints the corner on the 9th pitch, if you miss this call your a homer. when people say bad things about umpires look at the game thats in front of you. sometimes pitchers that are around the plate get more calls. those who are not don't. batters on deck should be paying attention to the pitcher and the play because they are in fair play. what ever this is high school not the MLB. if you want the border line call earn the border line call.

wad-on an occurance as obvious as this i can not believe you would dare stand for an umpire in this situation. it is apparent that he did the wrong thing-no matter the situation. the umpire is in the wrong here and i cant believe you would defend him when you werent there to verify

Wad these were not boarder line calls. The umpire had a agenda or purpose or point he wanted to make & he made it. The problem was the player did not know he was yelling or pointing about the ball behind him. The ump thought the player would not go get the ball on purpose and it ticked him off. The player reacted by saying that was horrible call which he should not have done. All in all it was a patheic performance by a adult umpire & he should be warned or suspended if the player is.

Wad these were not boarder line calls. The umpire had a agenda or purpose or point he wanted to make & he made it. The problem was the player did not know he was yelling or pointing about the ball behind him. The ump thought the player would not go get the ball on purpose and it ticked him off. The player reacted by saying that was horrible call which he should not have done. All in all it was a pathetic performance by a adult umpire & he should be warned or suspended if the player is.

If what you say is true. I agree. But under any occurrence a player should not voice his opinion to an umpire. do you agree?

Wad these were not boarder line calls. The umpire had a agenda or purpose or point he wanted to make & he made it. The problem was the player did not know he was yelling or pointing about the ball behind him. The ump thought the player would not go get the ball on purpose and it ticked him off. The player reacted by saying that was horrible call which he should not have done. All in all it was a patheic performance by a adult umpire & he should be warned or suspended if the player is.

if what you say is correct I agree. BUT no matter what a HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER should not voice his opinion to an umpire. To much TV. WHAT do you think

It probably should not happen but it happens in about every game in baseball from Little League to high school, college and the pros. In high school or lower if there is no profanity used there is not a ejection but a warning from the umpire. I have never seen a kid ejected for questioning a call in high school baseball unless a helmet was thrown or profanity used. College or pros you can even use profanity and get a warning. I have umpired and this was out of line. It was a ego ump with a agenda and he baited the player. It was pretty disgusting.

As i had said before, before this occarance and after, he had not called that pitch a strike. And on this one particular player he called three straight. Thats not a coincidence.

Other than this one incident, i thought he called a good game. But as i said you don't do crap like that as an umpire. He he doesn't belong on a baseball field if he has such little respect for its integrity.

TigerJ, I am guessing you were at the game. I was just wondering where you were from.

Edited by festor

Well I believe you. But for the record if any player shows me up by disputing a call, he can warm his place on the bus.as an umpire I never question a coaching call. or a swing at ball four, or a throwing error, balk, or a pitch thats left over the plate when a catcher has set up outside. I demand the same respect!!!!!!!