Bearden-CBHS score?

MWiklund

In the first national poll of the spring CBHS was not ranked. The only TN team in the top 20 was Farragut. What is more confusing though, is that in Region 1 rankings(S.C., Va.,&Tn) there are 3 TN teams listed, and CBHS is still not even listed as getting votes. The 3 teams ranked in Region 1 are #4 Farragut, #7 MUS, and #10 Brentwood. You can find a link to those rankings from the NSCAA website(www.nscaa.com)

that makes no sense to me. the only explanation I might offer is that the CBHS coach may not be a member of NSCAA which would make his team ineligible for the rankings. However, I would assume that he was a member. CBHS SHOULD be in the top 5 in the country.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like ECS was just lucky to hang with the powerhouse and have everything go their way. The refs were on ECS side, the ball miraculously bounced ECS's way and two starters were out from the powerhouse, nationally ranked team. Anyone know why the starters were out from CBHS? Were they injured?

they had bad grades on their report cards so the coach suspended them. but they will be back for the MUS game tuesday. Ecs crossed half field about 8 times the whole game and scored on 4 of them. one was a throw in to the goalie that was misplayed , another was a deflection, and another one was a ball from half field that went over the goalie's head.

Thanks for the information. Good for the CBHS coach. Sounds like a lot of quality counterattacking and set plays did them in. Something other teams they play this year will likely try to capitalize on. Of course, missing your centermid and GK didn't help matters.

--Any player who sat out for CBHS because of grades did so because of a school rule, not the coach. Don't give him credit.

--ECS was up 4-1 late. One team may have dominated, but not the team who lost.

--CBHS graduated most of their team from last year. Since then, several more players have quit, including their best one. More have tried to quit. This is not a "top 5" team in the nation.

havent seen cbhs play....but they beat farragut and I have seen them play and would put them up against any team in the country. they also beat bearden who is a very solid team. the national ranking system didnt put them there because they liked their name...they earned it. but anyone can be beat on a given day.