best unknown pitcher in west tennessee

baseballguy12

After following dyersburg in the first three weeks of the season i have to say Adam patterson is by far the best pitcher i have never heard of. I think his stats read something like 4-0, 27 inn., 8 hits, 3 runs, 3 bb, and 25 k's. that is impressive no matter who you play. Plus a no hitter and a 87-89 mph fastball and that is super impressive.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know bout guys who are underated but i do know Will Hudgins from Ridgeway is OVERATED! I think the guy is a great athlete and yes he's good at everything he does but when we faced him the other night, he didnt show me ne thing special. With that said, he did strike out like evryone but like 4 outs, but, it was the first time all year we had seen someone with some heat. If we faced him a good bit we would have killed him. if you can't hit a upper 80's early 90's fastball then your not going to the next level for hitting thats for sure. His fastball is as straight as a level and has no movement. But i dont wanna sound like a hater cuz i wish i threw that hard but my ball would have some movement on it

I dont know bout guys who are underated but i do know Will Hudgins from Ridgeway is OVERATED! I think the guy is a great athlete and yes he's good at everything he does but when we faced him the other night, he didnt show me ne thing special. With that said, he did strike out like evryone but like 4 outs, but, it was the first time all year we had seen someone with some heat. If we faced him a good bit we would have killed him. if you can't hit a upper 80's early 90's fastball then your not going to the next level for hitting thats for sure. His fastball is as straight as a level and has no movement. But i dont wanna sound like a hater cuz i wish i threw that hard but my ball would have some movement on it

Well you said it upper 80's to 90's fast ball is pretty good. The thing about it is you saw him three times and only 6 batters even touched the ball. One pitch away from a perfect game with the walk going 3-2. If it had been against a slack off team it wouldn't have meant anything but you guys are the State Champions. And if you can use the excuse that it is early in the season you have to admit someone who has been throwing for only a couple of weeks (had to wait for basketball to end) that was a darn good performance. Besides he is a football player just passing the time until August. I wish Ripley the best and hope they can keep the State Title in our part of the state. They played great against Ridgeway just had the error in the end. Great game and good luck this season.

Hey Jbbutler, let me ask you, I'm assuming that since Will threw a no hitter you didn't manage to hit that that fastball without any movement very well, huh? I mean you are part of a state championship team, you should be able to hit that. Maybe that means you aren't going to the next level. I guess after striking out all of your team he figured his 90 mph didn't need any movement. I hope you guys get to face him again so he can go ahead and add a perfect game to his no hitter against the State Champion Ripley Tigers. You guys should have a good season though, just as long as you don't face any guys who throw a 90 mph fastball without any movement. By the way, were you the 12th or 13th strikeout?

Yes, Adam Patterson is the best pitcher I've seen since Josh Bell two years ago. Josh Bell is much faster but, not by much. Patterson has a screwball that is working for him too. If you watch from behind the plate it is moving about a foot inside on right handed batters. I haven't seen anyone do anything with that pitch when he throws it. Adam is clicking on all cylinders right now.

jbbutler04 how do you think Hudgens is over reated here in memphis he does get that much hype except in football. also he completely ate yall up one pitch from a perfect game thats dang good. and if a guy throws in the upper 80's in my eye he deserves to have some recognetion.