Clinton High School

OrangeCrush23

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orangecrush, you are so smart!!! I agree with almost everything that you say......I have faith that Clinton has begun a process that will take them to the dynasty that we used to be YEARS ago. I have faith in all the boys, but its gonna be hard when you come into a program that hasn't had a whole lot of things taught to them over the years and don't know what some commands are. I mean Shattuck has come in and taken care of business already, we are getting a new practice field spread right now, he makes the boys run, they are getting disciplined, I mean thats what they needed. Politics play a huge role in any sport at any school if you know the right people in the right places life is much much easier and that is something that catlett never had and yes i too believe that

ingle should have been the head coach, but again politics pushed an administration to make another decision just like they have done in basketball a few times. But through it all clinton has made it through and I think for the first time we have a coach that everyone is gonna stand behind because its now when the boys are gonna need it the most. The stands will be filled with orange and black again and screaming fans, what a feeling to come home too!!! I miss those days where the Dragons were Anderson Co. champions and i believe soon enough that there will be a couple GOAL POSTS COMIN DOWN!!!!!

Go Dragons!!!!!!

babydal2506...

Thank you...I think I might know who you are. Did you go here in the last few years? I have heard some good things about his coaching, but I know him personally from basketball games. He is very friendly and very good with kids. That seems like something that Catlett didn't have going for him. I'm glad Shattuck's here. I know it won't happen all at once, it will take some time. I think we all realize that. As long as we're at least competitive this next year, I think more people will jump on the bandwagon. Being competitive will be an upgrade from last year. We scored a total of 17 points before going up against the third team of Maryville and scored 18 in one game (missed three xp's). During the first game of the year, we were so ready to go to OR and beat them. Everybody painted up and we felt like we could do it. I doubt we made it past the 50 more than 2 times. I also remember last year having OR at home, the ball on the 1 and not down by much. They called a pass, at the 1 yard line, and it was intercepted. I know you have to take chances in games, but why not run it up the middle, Johnny Major's style, like we had the whole game? Especially on the 1 yard line. We needed a change. And we got it. Hopefully the new coaches and players will the best of it.

OC23,

Obviously your definition of a good coach is one who attends basketball games and hams it up with the kids. I'm not sure being good "buddies" with the players is always a sign of a good coach.

As far as it taking some time for Shattuck to be successful, I'd say he'd better be beating OR and AC by next year, or the Clintonites will start working the back channels again.

As for last year against OR at the 1, how do you know what play was called? Maybe a run was called and someone screwed up, or maybe a pass was called and the QB or WR ran the wrong way. What do you think most DC's expect the offense to run on the 1-yard line? Part of football is doing the unexpected.

I, like you, hope the new coaches and players make the most of it. More importantly, I hope the parents and fans out there become realistic in their expectations and start supporting their kids and program regardless of wins/losses.